WWE 2K22 Moves Wishlist

CROSS-Out

On 1/28/2021 at 12:20 AM, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

More Catching Finishers like say a Bicycle Knee Strike, Bull Hammer Elbow, Black Mass Kick, or say more counters like a Spear into a Guillotine, ect for those submission types.

Not gonna be adding any of these anytime soon but it's on the list of things to expand / improve in a way that will make everyone very happy. Just gonna take a bit of time but once we do...

On 1/31/2021 at 3:37 PM, CROSS-Out said:

I'd like to see the cross rhodes reanimated with a proper pin animation. We got like a million rolling cutters in the last two years and they're all outward rolling cutters for some reason.

That's because there was a year where 3 different superstars started using it. It was more than 2 years ago but I know what you mean...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

Not gonna be adding any of these anytime soon but it's on the list of things to expand / improve in a way that will make everyone very happy. Just gonna take a bit of time but once we do...

That's because there was a year where 3 different superstars started using it. It was more than 2 years ago but I know what you mean...

Oh don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining about having so many outward rolling cutters, I'd just like to see one or two new inward ones. The only two we have, ones animation has not aged well and the other involves a scoop lift first.

It is nice to know catching finishers will eventually start rolling again, its a good feature that unfortunately stagnated and a lot could be done with it.

Outside of moves, i'm playing through the career mode of 2K20 again just for something to do in this god damned humidity. If its coming back, I really hope the writing is a little bit more.. fair, to both sexes. I can't speak for everyone else but god I hated playing a character who the story constantly makes out to be a near neanderthalic moron.

I don't want to see career mode abandoned though, albeit I would like to see it separated from Road To Glory; or if it were to go the way of the dodo, at least have some kind of mode to replace it for caw lovers (assuming universe mode hasn't been given the drastic overhaul I personally think it needs).

On 2/1/2021 at 7:46 AM, Mani-Man said:

Oh god yes, a straightforward rolling cutter without any twists or forearm into the back or taunts.
Simply one where he grabs the opponent from behind, and does the move...with pin.
I think we will probably get a new one because of damian priest, but you never can have enough rolling cutters.

I would in general want to have every move have a pin animation with it, or a complete system where you can pin the opponent after a move instead of the wrestler getting up before pressing the button so that he goes down to pin the opponent.
It takes a bit away from the ingame flow.

The game has way more pin combos that at any time previously. i remember when THQ was managing the franchise getting a pin combo was kind of a big deal. Now you tend to get them on the moves you most expect them for. All Finishers for sure but even more. The reality is that it requires additional animation work. The more time you ultimately spend animating a move, including pin combo, the less time you're going to have for something else. Without going into detail we are working really smart so that we can just do more in general with a little less effort and more importantly, fewer potential bugs.

5 minutes ago, RickyBobby said:

The game has way more pin combos that at any time previously. i remember when THQ was managing the franchise getting a pin combo was kind of a big deal. Now you tend to get them on the moves you most expect them for. All Finishers for sure but even more. The reality is that it requires additional animation work. The more time you ultimately spend animating a move, including pin combo, the less time you're going to have for something else. Without going into detail we are working really smart so that we can just do more in general with a little less effort and more importantly, fewer potential bugs.

Speaking of which, you guys might've already caught it but so far I'm the only person i've seen mention this so maybe it might've gotten missed. in 2K20, the diving cutter from the second rope has a bug animation when using its pin combo that causes them to freak out for a second. Just giving you a heads up in case it might've gotten missed.

Speaking of "freak out", i dont know if im the only one that notices or cares, but many moves have those 1-2 frames or so where the Wrestler is twisted around before morphing into the right position again.

Since i love many of the animations i often go into the highlight reel to just look at all the details and stuff, and especially running moves have this weird "freak out" frames where in the middle of the animation suddenly, the Wrestler who executes the move, has a different pose before in the next frame it changes back.

Not the same issue but the reason I don't use Kenny Kings royal flush is because there almost seems to be some frames missing from the pin combo, after the slam the one taking the move jerks up very suddenly and I naturally and it makes it look really weird. It's been that way since its introduction but I always bring it up as it seems quite a bit more blatant than some other missing frame issues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back in the HCTP days, Stevie Richards had a move in the game called the Stevie T, which was a double underhook Implant DDT. I would love to get that back, I loved that move.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been watching EspacioNX videos on moves we used to have that we don’t anymore and it’s sad to see how much we’ve lost. Some moves I didn’t even know we had, like Jeff Hardy’s chair-assisted Poetry In Motion. Such things helped make movesets unique from wrestler to wrestler. I hope you can atleast move tables and ladders wherever you want to again, to set up some fun spots. Fun being the operative word here. Makes you wonder what all has been lost in the transition to the new gameplay..

On 11/24/2021 at 9:20 PM, J-man89 said:

I'm begging them to put a better looking Clothesline From Hell in the game, ideally one like this where the opponent gets turned inside out and you hear the impact

You can never have enough lariats, Clotheslines imo.
Funny enough, i liked the old Clothesline from Hell animation minus the Pin.
Looked super cool, but the pin animation sucked.

The newly animated CFH is kind of boring.

Archived