Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

54 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Rhea Ripley is who you're referring to. She's a star, but they don't treat her like one. She loses a lot.

I thought the Men's Rumble was much better than the Women's. The action was crisper and more dynamic.

Ah yes her. I struggle to remember names for some reason, but Rhea. She was badass and fun to watch.

It was good, but I didn't have as much fun. Daniel Bryan was fun to watch, and I experienced Ricochet for the first or second time, and he looked effortless in moves. Did John MOrrison get his spot moment? I forgot, but I expected him to.

Also is it me or did Nia get bigger? I don't want to say fatter as that sounds fatphobic and less tactful? Also enjoyed seeing whoever (Peyton?) do a different version of Widow's Peak and then Victoria do her own. 

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being biased because he's my all time favourite, back from the Attitude Era to now.... but man, does Jeff have heat backstage???

Ever since he resigned, WWE have been doing him dirty! Jobbing in a matter of minutes to Ryker, to being relegated to Main Event and now being eliminated first in the Rumble. 

Can't deny he has the fan base behind him and he's up there with the likes of Edge/Orton/AJ regarding star power. I'm the first to admit he's slowed down a whole lot inside the ring, but hate seeing how he's been treated creatively in recent months.

7 hours ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

also some of the last man standing stuff  needs to be in 2k22. Like running your opponent over with a golf cart or the senton.. Also to me it looked like the finish was botched as it took Roman way longer than the 10 count to get to his feet, as I had counted to like 20 by the time he was able to "stand"

Yeah it was botched. Heyman took a long time removing Roman's handcuff. The replacement Ref did not even count him out.

7 hours ago, Rekka_No_Ryo said:

where was Rousey or Lynch or Joe or Wyatt for that matter in the RR. Also Victoria still had it. Torrie looked horrible. And Mickie vs Charlotte..

Becky just had her baby. i honestly wouldn’t expect her back till summer at the earliest.

I'M SO *censored*ING HAPPY!

Man, that felt SO good as a huge Edge fan. I had my doubts that they would actually go all the way with him but I'm so glad they did. I was worried the whole match that Orton would eliminate him towards the end as soon as he was taken to be treated and was close to tearing my hair out when he RKO'd him but alas! Sense prevailed. 

I know it's not the Edge of the past but I'm so damn excited for this run. McIntyre vs. Edge is the one match I never knew I wanted so much, and I'd personally take that over Reigns vs. Edge even though both have my full interest.

As for the actual match, I thought the men's rumble was pretty meh for about 2/3rd of the way but then it got interesting. Fully expected to see Rollins return but the standout moment of the match was undoubtedly Christian's return and the E&C reunion. That hug felt so warm and I wasn't even a part of it :lol: 

Really enjoyed the women's Rumble. Had more 'moments' than the men's one and the right woman won. Loved Rhea's dominant display. Marked out for Victoria's return and Jillian was a cool surprise. The Nia & Shayna stuff felt lame though, and was overkill. It was the exact same shit we see every week on RAW. When they attacked Natalya during her entrance I thought it was a set up for her to be replaced with a surprise #30 but then she was tossed back in and it all felt pretty pointless. That's one thing they could have done better, but overall not much complaints. Had a nice mix of the right people shining, NXT performers getting the spotlight, and the right amount of blast from the past.

I LOVED Reigns vs. Owens. Really enjoyed their Ladder match at TLC but this one was even better. At certain points I genuinely started believing that Owens would win. But Reigns is greatness right now.

McIntyre vs. Goldberg did its purpose. My head was close to exploding after Goldberg hit the Jackhammer but thank God that idiot wasn't gifted another pointless title reign at the expense of an actual performer. Long live Drew. I've loved his reign but the mark in me just wants him to drop it at 'Mania to Edge. :lol:

Sasha vs. Carmella was alright. Carmella has been so much better in the ring since returning.

Overall, a very enjoyable Rumble. Felt like the right people won both the Rumble matches and the other matches more than did their with Reigns vs. Owens delivering a potential MOTY already.

Archived