Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean Edge and Bryan were the most likely picks, and you could argue Bryan already had his big title run after coming back from retirement. So it's Edge's turn now

I'm surprised Fiend didn't cost Orton tbh, but they really wanted Edge and Orton as final two so

That was a damn good Rumble!

Drew beat that rancid old fart thank God

Womens Rumble was perfect. It came down to the ideal final 2, and I was set for either to take it.

KO vs Reigns with the greatest false finish ever on the ref spot.

CARLITO

CHRISTIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edge wins!! After Cesaro got tossed, Edge was my guy.

1 minute ago, Jeb ? said:

I mean Edge and Bryan were the most likely picks, and you could argue Bryan already had his big title run after coming back from retirement. So it's Edge's turn now

the thing is... Edge is wrestling only few matches a year. yet if he loses, there wasn't any point for a RR win. 

side note: listened to the Bad Bunny song on my phone. much better experience. idk what he’s saying but i can tell by the delivery of the lyrics that he’s rapping about consuming anus. thumbs up for me.

Given the circumstances...this show was alright. I do think that WWE relies WAY too heavily on these "make the fans think we're giving them shit, and then give them the bare minimum" moments, though. I mean...the only reason I left this show feeling halfway as positive as I do, is because I thought that people like Goldberg, Charlotte, Rollins, or Braun might have won. I get that part of the rollercoaster is the bait and switch...but it's done entirely too frequently these days.

4 minutes ago, EJ! said:

side note: listened to the Bad Bunny song on my phone. much better experience. idk what he’s saying but i can tell by the delivery of the lyrics that he’s rapping about consuming anus. thumbs up for me.

He also did a song with Flair a few years back lol

3 minutes ago, EJ! said:

They let alot of swear words fly on live tv. I can see it being edited to hell once they figure out everything he said. lol

Edge winning was surprising, especially after the RKO. I'm glad though, as an Edge fan. Thought Braun would win. Sad to see Kane, because of his shitty politics. 

WOmen's Rumble was better, and Bianca did great. That was a doozy and fun, though I was sad to see Alexa thrown out so early. I'd start watching WWE again just for that woman whose name I forgot that got eliminated last. She was badass.

KO vs. Roman was still a fun ride. Some people in Ronnie's stream was not happy with the ending but I thought it was good and believable. Not the best, but not the worst either. 

I'm glad Goldberg lost. *Censored* him. 

45 minutes ago, Generations said:

Given the circumstances...this show was alright. I do think that WWE relies WAY too heavily on these "make the fans think we're giving them shit, and then give them the bare minimum" moments, though. I mean...the only reason I left this show feeling halfway as positive as I do, is because I thought that people like Goldberg, Charlotte, Rollins, or Braun might have won. I get that part of the rollercoaster is the bait and switch...but it's done entirely too frequently these days.

I never thought about this, but yeah you're right. A lot of the best moments over the last couple years have pretty much just been them presenting us with a that everyone hates or making us feel like they're gonna *Censored* everything up, then not doing that. Tonight, as you mentioned, Bork in last year's rumble, Kofi vs. Daniel Bryan at Mania 35, just to name a few. They've *censored*ed up so much, that they've learned to use it to their advantage.

36 minutes ago, M3J said:

Edge winning was surprising, especially after the RKO. I'm glad though, as an Edge fan. Thought Braun would win. Sad to see Kane, because of his shitty politics. 

WOmen's Rumble was better, and Bianca did great. That was a doozy and fun, though I was sad to see Alexa thrown out so early. I'd start watching WWE again just for that woman whose name I forgot that got eliminated last. She was badass.

KO vs. Roman was still a fun ride. Some people in Ronnie's stream was not happy with the ending but I thought it was good and believable. Not the best, but not the worst either. 

I'm glad Goldberg lost. *Censored* him. 

Rhea Ripley is who you're referring to. She's a star, but they don't treat her like one. She loses a lot.

I thought the Men's Rumble was much better than the Women's. The action was crisper and more dynamic.

Archived