Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

Who y'all think from NXT is gonna show up in the Rumble matches?

There's only 9 unrevealed participants in the men's match so not a lot of room for surprises there lol

I'd like to see Bronson Reed and Karion Kross or Dexter Lumis (would've like to see VD but... yeah) 

Also, Raquel Gonzales 

1 hour ago, Jeb ? said:

Who y'all think from NXT is gonna show up in the Rumble matches?

There's only 9 unrevealed participants in the men's match so not a lot of room for surprises there lol

Priest and Rhea most definitely.

2 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Seth Rollins 100% returns and wins.

Damn, havent thought about him...now the little bug wont go away.
But no, i still go with Daniel Bryan for the win.

We will see, its definitly a super exciting Rumble because literally everything could happen this time.

Who I think the 9 unannounced entrants for the Men's Rumble are:

Elias
Riddle
Seth Rollins
Murphy
Damian Priest
Jimmy Uso
Andrade
Samoa Joe
Brock Lesnar

The Fiend can still cost Orton the match without being an entrant

WWE uploaded last years Rumble to youtube today, decided to give it a rewatch as I haven't seen it in full since then. Some thoughts as I was watching:

• Elias's song was pretty rad
  • Some of the people who got got by Brock were fine choices (Rowan, Shelton, Roode), but man, it sucks seeing Morrison and Cesaro tossed out so easy. I think I'd have liked to see a few of the more creative guys like them try some kind of unique strategies before getting tossed out, instead of just running in like normal. Would've worked out well for everyone, and I don't think the match loses anything as it would just be Brock overcoming all these different approaches instead of just the same rinse-repeat we got
  • I remember some people saying Kofi looked great against Lesnar last year, and god damn is that BS. It's so painful to watch them effectively kill the end of main event Kofi in this match. 
  • Nakamura's entry was closer to what I'd have wanted the Rumble to be, just a bit longer. He caught Brock off guard and looked decent as a result
  • Amazing to see MVP bounce back so amazingly with Hurt Business from such a shite return lol
  • Man, ok, I like how Lesnar's dominance set up Drew, but man it's not at all fun on a rewatch
  • Brock reacting to Lee is great, dude definitely is one of the few who looked damn good in the match. Also Christ I hate his current singlet
  • lmao the way the crowd goes from popping to dying as Strowman focuses on Lee over Lesnar
  • damn, Ricochet's entry is a solid sign of his career to come
  • God Drew looked like a boss coming to the ring
  • It's amazing how he walks in a midcarder and just becomes a main event star within like 20 seconds, that pop is legendary. As much as I hate watching that first half of the match, it was worth it for this moment. Drew has gotta be the most satisfying main event push in recent years
  • It's wild that Ziggler wasn't one of the Brock eliminations but JoMo and Cesaro were, tf man
  • God dammit, Edge is the single greatest Rumble surprise entrant and I will die on that hill. The crowd is pretty burnt out since McIntyre aside it was a pretty boring match, and suddenly everyone is on their feet and screaming, ya love to see it. This has gotta be a top 5 moment in pro wrestling history for me, goosebumps every damn time.
  • I do wish we got Edge vs Styles at Mania, maybe this year?
  • They did Riddle so dirty, wtf
  • Honestly, Gallows and Anderson didn't need to be in this match
  • Aw man, making me realize how much I miss Aleister Black
  • I really appreciate how Edge made sure to have an interaction with every one of the younger guys in this match, that's really cool
  • Christ that Black Mass to Drew was crisp
  • Seeing Joe in this makes me think... it'd be so cool tonight if Joe's on commentary, then at some number his music hits and he makes his return
  • dang, I forgot AoP existed
  • honestly, Seth's entry spot is some ultimate heel shit, and I love it
  • Drew's win was kind of a given as soon as he got Brock, but man, still so sweet
  • Final thoughts? Mmm, the story told in the match aged very well over the last year. But actually watching the match is kinda boring until Drew shows up, and then kinda dull again until Edge shows up, at which point it picks up until the end. Without a doubt some of the best moments in Rumble history, and one of the best winners the Rumble has ever seen, but kind of a slog in between

Credit:pwinsider on a surprice for the mens rumble

Carlito Colon, 41, is backstage at the Royal Rumble PPV in Tampa and is slated to appear as a surprise in the Men's Rumble match.  It would be Carlito's first match for WWE since a Raw house show in May 2010.

The word making the rounds backstage is that Carlito will also be at tomorrow's Raw and there's talk he may be getting a tryout as a Producer for the company.

The former WWE Intercontinental Champion last appeared for WWE inducting his father, Puerto Rico wrestling legend Carlos Colon, at Wrestlemania weekend in April 2014.  WWE has since purchased the video library for the Colon family's World Wrestling Council promotion but has yet to utilize the content on the WWE Network.

Carlito had been slated to appear on the Raw Legends show a few weeks back as the word making the rounds is that he did not want to return for a short cameo.  Instead, he will make his in-ring return to the company during tonight's PPV.

Archived