Official Royal Rumble Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Dh25oCC.png?1
Date: 31 January 2021, 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Venue: WWE Thunderdome (Tropicana Field)
Theme(s): Zayde Wolf - "Rumble"

Men's Royal Rumble Match
30-Man Royal Rumble
RAW: AJ Styles, Bobby Lashley, Braun Strowman, Edge, Elias, Jeff Hardy, John Morrison, The Miz, Mustafa Ali, Randy Orton, Ricochet, Riddle, Sheamus, Xavier Woods
SmackDown: Big E, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Dominik Mysterio, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Otis, Rey Mysterio, Sami Zayn, Shinsuke Nakamura
5 competitors TBA
Uxw74Cn.jpg

Women's Royal Rumble Match
30-Woman Royal Rumble
RAW: Alexa Bliss, Charlotte Flair, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Mandy Rose, Nia Jax, Nikki Cross, Peyton Royce, Shayna Baszler
SmackDown: Bayley, Bianca Belair, Billie Kay, Liv Morgan, Natalya, Ruby Riott, Tamina
14 competitors TBA
xvBLpNi.jpg

WWE Championship Match
Singles Match
Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Goldberg
EsEdLHj.jpg

Universal Championship Match
Last Man Standing Match
Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens
GtGe1Wx.jpg

SmackDown Women's Championship Match
Singles Match
Sasha Banks (c) vs. Carmella (w/ Reginald)
yaR4NVR.jpg

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match
Tag Team Match
Charlotte Flair & Asuka (c) vs. Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler
lQb3IA0.jpg

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the comic theme

RAW related ?

WWE reportedly has plans for a big gimmick match between Randy Orton and “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt at the 2021 Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

There’s no word yet on what the stipulation will be, but Ringside News reports that this will be “another crazy gimmick match” between the two RAW Superstars.

Last night’s RAW went off the air with Orton teasing that he was about to drop a match on gasoline that Alexa Bliss had poured all over and around herself. It was noted that this cliffhanger ending has to do with the next Wyatt vs. Orton match, and that there’s more to come.

Orton defeated The Fiend in the first-ever Firefly Inferno Match at the WWE TLC pay-per-view earlier this month. Wyatt has been off TV since then to sell the fire attack, but Bliss has kept the feud going for him.

The 2021 WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view will air live on January 31 from The ThunderDome at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. Below is the current announced card:

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Daniel Bryan, WWE United States Champion Bobby Lashley, 28 Superstars TBA
Winner earns a title shot at WrestleMania 37

30-Woman Royal Rumble Match
Nia Jax, 29 Superstars TBA
Winner earns a title shot at WrestleMania 37

10 hours ago, Mani-Man said:

Ah yes, the Royal Rumble...it will be so different.
Always loved counting with the live crowd and all, it wont be the same this time...but hopefully 2022 it will be.

I assume and hope they have the fake crowd count down because it certainly makes the rumble special 

I may be totally wrong here, but this year's women's Rumble may be for Sonya. Sasha has no real competition now on Smackdown, and the company may want to reward her for her improvements since the feud with Mandy (and possibly for the whole real life mess she had to go through).

wouldn’t mind that. i been saying Sonya had next for a while now. back when Asuka was Smackdown champion i thought that was a good time to push her as Asuka’s Mania challenger...but you know who...

On 1/13/2021 at 3:12 PM, Creepia said:

So Goldberg beats Drew in 5 minutes, Lesnar wins the rumble and they give Lesnar the title again at mania... right?

Bryan probably wins at Mania. WWE pretending to do "the right thing" and giving Bryan what he was supposed to get way before when it made actual sense, while at the same giving Roman a big rub for all the hard work he has done. 

I mean it would be ok I guess, if you don't want to get too cynical about it, the story is there, not just from the family perspective, but from their history too. Especially with that post Rumble match they had. 

The only problem is, you know Bryan won't win at Mania, which tones down the investment by a lot. 

Gonna be honest, I'm kind of bummed that we're not getting Reigns/Pearce after all. I know there were some who weren't happy about it but for me, I'm a story guy. And you know what? Even though it needed some tweaks (what doesn't?), it was a story that I could get behind. It didn't matter if the result was obvious. It didn't matter that  it wasn't a marquee matchup. The story had me interested (and it also helped that Pearce is a great talent). And while Owens/Roman isn't awful, it's not exactly grabbing me like Reigns/Pearce did.

Impact:

Taya shot Bravo and they're taking her to the slammer, either Stamford or Jacksonville. I think most likely here with John Morrison. The Women's Rumble could use a Wera Loca...

Archived