Brodie Lee has passed away

EJ!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was reading up on the news and read the headline and couldn’t believe it. Awesome wrestler, and awesome guy. RIP Brodie Lee, didn’t get the chance to make it big that he deserved. 

Brodie's death is just as hard as Eddie's was for me. I loved Luke Harper, despite Vince not booking him properly. He was very athletic for a big dude, and that discus clothesline...man, he was incredible. Then he debuts on AEW as Brodie Lee (with no fans which was a shame) and you could see how much fun he was having after the shackles were removed. Still hard to take in, man. Will be watching the tribute show tonight.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/aew/news-jim-ross-gives-details-brodie-lee-s-cause-death&ved=2ahUKEwjPgJC-1vvtAhVQK80KHT3IAqYQFjADegQIDhAB&usg=AOvVaw1taWM71Huyem-LoMxVrifm&ampcf=1

Jim Ross has opened up about Brodie Lee’s medical situation before his death. The AEW announcer said Lee, real name Jon Huber, had double lung failure and he did not qualify for a lung transplant. When doctors took Lee off his machines, he sadly passed away at the age of 41.

The wrestling world has paid its respects to Brodie Lee since his death was announced on December 26, 2020. WWE produced a video package for the former Wyatt Family member (known as Luke Harper in WWE), while AEW held a tribute show on Dynamite.

Speaking on his Grilling Jr podcast, Ross gave details on what he was told about Brodie Lee’s condition.

“I haven’t seen or heard of an autopsy,” Ross said. “All I know is he had double lung failure and his lungs were so bad that he didn’t qualify for a transplant. As I heard the story, whether it’s totally accurate or not, I don’t know, they took him off his machines to see if he could kick out himself because that’s about the only chance he had. It obviously didn’t work, so it’s a sad, sad time for all of us.”

Brodie Lee’s ‘Exalted in Heaven’ shirt is available for fans to buy on Pro Wrestling Tees. All proceeds from shirt sales will benefit the family of Brodie Lee."

I hope Amanda Huber is okay with him sharing that. I don't think I wanted any more details, it just made me sad again reading that.

Bought a shirt. Happy they were able to sell record numbers of shirts for his family.

Shout out to Brian, Adam, and anyone else who attended. After this past year with the WWE vs AEW stuff, it’s nice to see the community coming together to celebrate one of the best in the business. 

Someone made an account pretending to be Brodie Lee Jr. My ass fell for it due to some members of the roster following it. Disgusting to pretend to be anyone, let alone a child.

It's weird...but, with a little bit of time removed from his passing, it doesn't actually feel like he's gone. I guess that is the true power of a legacy. In a storyline sense, I feel like you could almost keep doing Dark Order as usual, and they could not even acknowledge that he's gone. It's something that could actually work in that group dynamic. You could have someone like MJF say "now that your leader is gone"...and Silver could be like "he's not gone...he's right here". 

Archived