Who AEW should book to beat Kenny Omega to be the next champ

wendigosong

23 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

He shouldn’t be wrestling 18 to 20 mins, period. Not in one match. Not in a combination of two matches in one night. Not at all. In fact, let me go a step further. NO ONE should wrestle that length of time during the pandemic. 20 mins is too long and you want a 61 old guy with spinal stenosis to do that in some form? What in the world?

The 61 year old guy thinks he can wrestle and so does his employer.  With that said, they would be discussing is the time he would be working.  I am unsure why you are bringing up the pandemic, as you are opposed to the idea regardless of the pandemic.  

Yeah, it’s a matter of opinion. An opinion that many share. You are the only person I have seen who seriously wants Sting as AEW champion.

The fact that others may agree with you or me is netiher here nor there. 

And btw, I’m pretty confident AEW wouldn’t dare make Sting their World champion. Even though I have a low opinion of them, I think Tony Khan is smarter than that. But say he’s not... well, it further gives credence to my low opinion of them. That’s all.

You are more than entitled to you opinion either way.

22 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

It is pretty backwards to have Omega chase Hangman without Hangman beating Omega for the title first. Makes no sense with the story they've built.

It is called a plot device.  If used effectively it can add to the story.

23 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

I'm still missing the point of Sting being involved from a creative perspective. 

I would disagree because in your next paragraph you pretty much sum up my view:

He'll get some solid wins to prove to himself that he can overcome his demons...

Sting would be one of the wins.  He would beat the man that beat Kenny.

But you're suggesting that instead of the obvious match, they throw Sting in there to disrupt that natural story because... reasons?

Because I think it would be an effective plot device to further their feud.

Hold up. This is basically Jon Snow being the primary character involved in the White Walkers arc but then never even facing off with the Night King in the Long Night because they had Arya run in and kill him first. Underdog Face who is clearly meant to fight the Big Bad and then some random other popular face takes the kill, derailing the entire feuds momentum. And we saw how well that was received...

Not sure what you are talking about here.

The more i read this thread the more i realize how ridiculous it is that Tazz and his group are afraid of a 61 year old man with a spine problem and someone who maybe weights 160. 

Sting shouldn't win the belt. Having Kenny beat everyone just to lose to Sting would devalue the whole roster. 

9 hours ago, wendigosong said:

It is called a plot device.  If used effectively it can add to the story.

Yeah, it’s a ”plot device” that works against the natural progression of the story they’ve developed.

8 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

The more i read this thread the more i realize how ridiculous it is that Tazz and his group are afraid of a 61 year old man with a spine problem and someone who maybe weights 160. 

Sting shouldn't win the belt. Having Kenny beat everyone just to lose to Sting would devalue the whole roster. 

It’s such a poor image for a young promotion to convey. 

12 hours ago, wendigosong said:

I would disagree because in your next paragraph you pretty much sum up my view:

Sting would be one of the wins.  He would beat the man that beat Kenny.

Because I think it would be an effective plot device to further their feud.

Not sure what you are talking about here.

It's really not an effective plot device. You're taking all of the heat off the feud with Sting. Literally all of it. You have a feud between two guys and inserting a completely uninvolved 3rd party to get the big win. It devalues the entire situation in the biggest way. The entire story between Hangman and Kenny is suddenly meaningless because it doesn't end with Hangman finally beating Kenny for the title, it ends with Kenny losing before Hangman even gets to the top of the mountain. Every ounce of momentum is then lost. 

What sounds more prestigious? "The man who beat Kenny Omega" or "The man who beat the guy who beat Kenny Omega?" Nobody remembers second place, and you're suggesting they make Hangman second place. An afterthought to a 61 year old man. That's just poor booking and poor story telling.

"Not sure what you are talking about here." - lmao your plot device mate, it follows the exact structure that Game of Thrones used to finish off its biggest battle, an ending that is possibly the most reviled in the history of pop culture.

Archived