WWE Superstar Spectacle (NXT India Coming Soon?)

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

Last week brought news of WWE's next big international expansion, with POST Wrestling's John Pollock and Wrestlenomics' Brandon Thurston reporting the launch of NXT India sometime in January 2021.

Sportskeeda's Riju Dasgupta has since come through with new details on the project. Per the writeup, NXT India will officially launch on Republic Day in India, 26 January, with early tapings going down at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida as a result of travel restrictions brought on by the ongoing global health crisis. WWE hopes that it will be able to open an Indian PC at some point in 2022, presumably shooting shows there once the pandemic has eased.

As far as the initial roster goes, it is reported that former WWE Champion Jinder Mahal is expected to be the biggest name amongst the first group of wrestlers. The Singh Brothers, Indus Sher, and Jeet Rama may also be involved, along with recent acquisitions Gurvinder Singh, Sukhwinder Grewal, and Laxmi Kant Rajoot, all of whom were brought in after tryouts in Mumbai.

An eight-person tournament to crown the first NXT India Champion is expected to take place.

WWE is yet to formally announce NXT India, though this should be imminent.

https://whatculture.com/amp/wwe/wwe-nxt-india-first-roster-members-start-date-announced?__twitter_impression=true

Its a interesting idea and a huge market.
I dont know why but i always wanted more wrestlers from India...i have no clue as to why.
Its why i have a soft spot for Jinder Mahal too, despite knowing about his shortcomings in the ring.

So im all for this.

• 4 weeks later...

Wonder how long all of this has been in the works? Cause I always thought Mahabali Shera's release was a bit shocking when he showed back up in Impact 2 years ago. He wasn't great, but he had some TV experience there and I mean he can't be greener than some of these guys.

Also, this is tomorrow and not a peep of it was mentioned on TV once. Not even a quick commercial on NXT lmao

8 minutes ago, Oresama said:

The card:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/superstar-spectacle/superstar-spectacle-2021#full-detail-40085073

And is Kavita Davi injured? I was expecting her to be a part of this.

Yeah, weird considering that she has some track record they could have used.

The card is fine, i mean for the fact that they dont have too many talents from India to fill.
Jeet Rama is 40 and since 2015 in the wwe...but i never heard of him.
But with styles, he should be able to pull a good match.

And i wonder if putting Jinder and Mcintyre in a match is there for the purpose of building up a future singles match.

We will see how this goes and what comes next.

LET'S GO.

Finn in the Thunderdome. Awesome.

First time Finn has busted out the 1916 outside of NXT. Nice.

They got Ric Flair out here too.

Oh shit, Great Khali's students. They just pumping out giants over there.

Wtf Ziggler is definitely in John Morrison's jacket lmao

#protected

Weird, Ricochet still presented as a star like if he's fresh off his US title run lol

Big E back in New Day lol

New Day & Street Profits team up. :D

They should've saved these dancers for Jinder Mahal's entrance lol

Overall, I thought it was a decent show. Sure they are a bit green, but it’s hard to fail when you're in there with guys like AJ, Drew and Finn. No shenanigans, just wrestling. So I must say I enjoyed myself more than watching Raw, WWE still knows how to put on a show when they want to.

• 2 weeks later...

20 million...jesus.
Why dont they attack the market in india more aggressive?
I assume indian talent would be more effective for that, and the wwe lacks on that front a bit.
I like mahal, but i dont see him being the leader of such a movement.

Archived