Boxing Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• 4 months later...

I actually don't hate Jake Paul, because...he's just a guy. His appearance at Mania was fine by me too. Went a little ways to make me cool with him.

THAT SAID...boxing is just trash these days. Everything respectable about the sport of boxing is long gone. It's a spectacle and only a spectacle. 

I'm the kind of fight fan who enjoys the sweet science. I'm a "boxing on the radio" type guy. So...the whole "ten muscial performances, fireworks, ring gear and gimmicks all leading up to 10 minutes of fighting" is really not my cup of tea. I can't do it. I've also soured on UFC because it's just so politicized and full of absolute rubbish. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It sucks so much that capitalism has destroyed boxing. Especially when there are still some guys out there trying to rock like OGs. 

MMA is pretty much finished as well. I've stopped watching UFC altogether. My holdouts are shit like Muai Thai, Kickboxing, Judo, Karate, and Sumo. 

Every day I wonder how much further down the shitter we can allow the quality of our entertainment to drop for the sake of assholes making money.

Archived