Official NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Christ what happened to Oney bleeding from his mouth and eye.

missed that.

But I think the match was actually more brutal than it looked. It was high energy, hard hitting, very stiff in some sequences... and atop of that, they told the story brilliantly.

1 minute ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Much, much better than the Women’s. The action was mostly good and everyone did well but these matches are increasingly becoming tiresome with the same spots and layout.

Most of the time, they actually include a lot of the same wrestlers too at this point, at least half that is, lol. Maybe I have bad memory, but other than the few table spots, they were pretty low on weapons this time no? In the mens match that is. 

Womens match actually just wasn't needed at all. Cool that they tried to push Shotzi, but it did nothing in the end.

30 minutes ago, AONO. said:

Most of the time, they actually include a lot of the same wrestlers too at this point, at least half that is, lol. Maybe I have bad memory, but other than the few table spots, they were pretty low on weapons this time no? In the mens match that is. 

Womens match actually just wasn't needed at all. Cool that they tried to push Shotzi, but it did nothing in the end.

Cricket bats, chairs, extinguisher. But it wasn’t  just the weapons, though.

I just watched this show with a fever and hella meds so IDK how valid these opinions are but...

I'm super happy Team Candice won. They needed it more. I don't like that Io was a "member" of a team. She's a champion. Her answering to Shotzi, even just for this feud, is dumb. I think I liked this match though. Some insane bumps.

I barely paid attention to Ciampa vs Thatcher. Ciampa needs to rediscover the magic he had two years ago. Thatcher ain't my type.

Skipped Grimes vs Lumis. I love Grimes, but I don't give two shits about Lumis.

Triple Threat was so much fun. I love that half of it was Ruff being used as a weapon. I see why Gargano won, but I want Priest with that belt. Dude is an f'n star and should be treated as such. Then again, just have him kick Finn in the face and win the World title. This was so easily my MotN though. I just had fun watching it, and that's what it's all about for me.

Main event was pretty solid, I think? It went long and honestly, I was checking in and out what with the meds. Bitter End on the chair though holy mother of... IDK if UE winning was the right call tbh. I think Team McAfee could've benefitted more. Pat has lost twice now, and the faction was red hot. I get that like, in Kayfabe UE has the experience in War Games and all that but man, this could've taken the new faction to superstardom. Now? I half expect Dunne to just walk out on em.

Ok, but I freaking hate how many weapons get brought into War Games. Like, they hype the shit out of how deadly this match is and it's like bruh, War Games ain't that deadly, y'all turning it into an Extreme Rules match is deadly! It's like, I'd be fine with them doing this on occasion, but not for every single God damn War Games match. It's just too much.

@PaperThinWalls I think I meant more in terms of character. I miss Ultimate Heel Ciampa. The guy who would come out to a symphony of "F YOU CIAMPA" chants, and the first heel ever that, while I was a fan of, I booed every single time (including the live shows I attended at that point). Post-DIY Ciampa is the best heel I've ever experienced in my time as a fan, and heck, even Daddy's Home face Ciampa was really great. Whatever his character is now, he feels way too irrelevant for the "Final Boss" he was just a short time ago.

Like I said, I barely paid attention to this match because I didn't care about their feud and don't care for Thatcher. I like Ciampa, but he's been booked inferior to what he should be.

It's weird. When Ciampa returned a few months ago, it looked like they were going back to that heel persona again. But then I think the Dream stuff happened and he's been this tweener, kind of babyface leaning guy since. I just don't get it. Despite that, when he's on and wrestling, he's a guy I pay attention to. He can have all these character issues that they've stupidly bestowed upon him but when he's in the ring, I know he'll get shit done more often than not. 

Now, a guy like KUSHIDA is someone who is suffering more from a lack of identity and I think it shows in the ring. I don't think this new persona is working. And I hate the jeans. lol

Archived