Official NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Priest is the standout in this match. This guy has been utterly fantastic this whole match.

He’s worked his ass off for sure. I still cared more about the underdog story. It was either gonna be Leon or Johnny sucking the air out of the room. I like Johnny and the NA title is so beneath him at this point, but the underdog couldn’t win with a dozen ghost faces interfering, so the Johnny outcome became expected.

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

He’s worked his ass off for sure. I still cared more about the underdog story. It was either gonna be Leon or Johnny sucking the air out of the room. I like Johnny and the NA title is so beneath him at this point, but the underdog couldn’t win with a dozen ghost faces interfering, so the Johnny outcome became expected.

I saw the Leon stuff as a story diversion just to keep the drama going between Priest and Johnny. I didn’t really think Leon had a chance.

Just now, PaperThinWalls said:

I saw the Leon stuff as a story diversion just to keep the drama going between Priest and Johnny. I didn’t really think Leon had a chance.

I wasn’t following it week to week but I thought the Ruff angle was a fun diversion. Could’ve gone on another month. I don’t wanna say I don’t care about Gargano or Priest but the writing hasn’t done much for me in a long time.

4 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

I love him no-selling this entire Pat McAfee angle. He doesn’t really fit in the group and I’m glad he isn’t letting them change him.

very true. probably due to the fact that he wasn't even supposed to be in it anyway.

Tbh, I can see him leaving them after War Games. Since money is what brought the group together, unlike the UE... 

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

I wasn’t following it week to week but I thought the Ruff angle was a fun diversion. Could’ve gone on another month. I don’t wanna say I don’t care about Gargano or Priest but the writing hasn’t done much for me in a long time.

same. I think it gave it a fun and extra dynamic. a distraction, like you've said actually. 

4 minutes ago, AONO. said:

KR gained a lot of weight recently. was he the same like that also against Finn?

He did get hurt in that match too, perhaps he gained it in his short time off.

Archived