Official NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s awful. Really awful. Putting aside the hokey staginess (which there’s PLENTY of that on the show now sadly), it’s dumb because they have Shotzi spending time building a prop tank that offers absolutely no value to her team instead of doing something more valuable... like dunno, building her team and helping out her fellow babyfaces who are in peril.

It seems most likely that it'll be Io, after she gotten beaten down by Team Candice last week. Plus it's unlikely there's going to be a women's title match on the card, and I assume they'll want to have the women's champion be on the show, surely.

I think it would be really cool if they would surround Thatcher with a few of his "students". They don't have to be a stable, or anything, or even have to decide matches or something in that manner. Kinda like when they had those dancers and whatnot with party gimmicks.

I was just thinking about that earlier today. Surely Vince has had to have been backstage at one of these? He has to see how over the match is? I mean I don't trust him with the match given recent booking for Survivor Series so I couldn't imagine how he'd book this. Might be that he doesn't want anything to do with a WCW creation. Who knows with Vince really.

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

I was just thinking about that earlier today. Surely Vince has had to have been backstage at one of these? He has to see how over the match is? I mean I don't trust him with the match given recent booking for Survivor Series so I couldn't imagine how he'd book this. Might be that he doesn't want anything to do with a WCW creation. Who knows with Vince really.

I feel like I remember reading that he just isn’t a fan of multi ring situations. The one empty ring obstructs the view of the people sitting in the first few rows while waiting for the main event and he’s right, to be fair. It’s one of the most badass feud-culmination matches in wrestling, though. You’d think he’d have had a change of heart after seeing how successful it’s been and how hype people get for it in NXT, but again, yeah, Vince is Vince.

21 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Think about how much good things vince has seen in NXT, brought to the main roster and just botched. Im good with this being a NXT only thing.

Archived