Official NXT TakeOver: WarGames Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

yyax1mY.png?1
Date: 6 December 2020, 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Venue: Capitol Wrestling Center (WWE PC)
#NXTLoud Theme(s): Black Sabbath - "War Pigs"

Grudge Match
WarGames Match (Advantage: Team McAfee)
The Undisputed ERA vs. Team McAfee (Pat McAfee (c), Pete Dunne, and NXT Tag Team Champions Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan)
cegp5aU.jpg

Grudge Match
WarGames Match (Advantage: Team Shotzi)
Team Shotzi (Shotzi Blackheart (c), Ember Moon, Rhea Ripley, and NXT Women's Champion Io Shirai) vs. Team Candice (Candice LeRae (c), Toni Storm, Dakota Kai, and Raquel González)
Sc85krS.jpg

NXT North American Championship Match
Triple Threat Match
Leon Ruff (c) vs. Damian Priest vs. Johnny Gargano
xGrYE9j.jpg

Grudge Match
Strap Match
Dexter Lumis vs. Cameron Grimes
jSOS7y4.jpg

Grudge Match
Singles Match
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Timothy Thatcher
gU7tgvh.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

No way. I wanna see Pat in there. The guy can go.

I have absolutely no interest in the Women's WarGames match. I'm really not liking the build at all.

I think the women are gonna tear it down. Shotzi, Toni, Ember and Rhea is a solid team to go up against Candice, Indi, Dakota and Raquel. It will really be a test for Indi to see if she belongs in there with the rest of those girls, because they can all go. 

I thought Pat was awesome in his match against Cole and WWE can never just do something once. Lol. I think he’ll do great in War Games with all those people around him to help carry him along. I think as a mouthpiece for the group he rambles on a bit much but he generates heat so that’s good.

I doubt there will be a women's title match on the card as well as a women's WarGames match, I think that's why Io vs. Rhea took place this week.

Remember that last year there were only two other matches on the show besides the two WarGames matches.

I really hope they don’t put Rhea on the team. Rhea needs to get the hell out of NXT. She lost another big title match again and she has nothing left to do as far as I’m concerned. I would be worried about RAW and SD of course... but if I’m being honest, her booking this past year isn’t all that different from those two brands anyway. Apparently NXT doesn’t like making stars either (although tbf Drew has been booked extremely well). Plus, RAW and SD DESPERATELY need new opponents for their champions, so they could use her.

The main issue I have with the Women’s WG match is the storyline. It’s so flat and lame. Candice bores me and I can’t take Shotzi seriously. And then the rest are just there to pad things out. It’s not compelling to me at all.

4 hours ago, A N T I - said:

I would put Rhea on the team because, otherwise, there’s no answer for Raquel. 

I see the thought process and I can easily see NXT creative going in that direction (unfortunately), but I don’t think it’s wise to revisit that feud in any form at this time. Raquel shouldn’t be tangling with the person she lost to this soon, especially now after said person has been knocked down a peg since their last match. I see no upside.

2 hours ago, T-Hell said:

I'm expecting another betrayal on the women's match just like last year.  Toni, Ember, Rhea.. literally any of those could turn.

Has to be Ember to turn heel. SmackDown's women's Survivor Series team doesn't have a 5th member as of Friday morning, I was thinking Rhea... ?

I hope Indi isn't in the match. None of her work so far leads me to think she should be in there as anything but a sneak attack when the last Team Shotzi member is being let out.

Can't say I'm overly excited for another Undisputed Era War Games either. I think I would've preferred this to work like classic Survivor Series, a bunch of rivalries overlapping to form the teams. 

2 hours ago, Jeb ? said:

Has to be Ember to turn heel. SmackDown's women's Survivor Series team doesn't have a 5th member as of Friday morning, I was thinking Rhea... ?

Yeah. They're kinda building a heel turn for Rhea, but I think they're not going this time with the super obvious turn, like Dakota.

I don’t see anyone turning heel at these War Games. I think the whole story is gonna be that Candice ruined Shotzi’s tank and Shotzi assembling a superteam to get her revenge. After that, Ember and Toni are both gonna be gunning for the women’s title. I would love to see a triple threat at the takeover before the rumble, if not before Mania. I fully expect Toni to be the one that dethrones Shirai.

On 11/20/2020 at 6:02 PM, A N T I - said:

I don’t see anyone turning heel at these War Games. I think the whole story is gonna be that Candice ruined Shotzi’s tank and Shotzi assembling a superteam to get her revenge. After that, Ember and Toni are both gonna be gunning for the women’s title. I would love to see a triple threat at the takeover before the rumble, if not before Mania. I fully expect Toni to be the one that dethrones Shirai.

I stand corrected. Looks like Candice, Dakota, Raquel, Toni vs Shotzi, Rhea, Io, and Ember. Nice match.

Archived