Major League Wrestling Discussion Thread

Oresama

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

So I just caught my first MLW show ever. Watched Battle Riot III.

I was actually really enjoying it ! Got really into it. And battle royals/rumbles are always fun. Especially with pins. 

No major nitpicks honestly. And I know he’s over as hell, the only MLW Openweight Champ in existence, but first impressions mean a lot and I don’t see it with Hammerstone. 

Is his gimmick just Hulk Hogan in 2021? I mean, a big tanned muscled up tall guy Hulking up, winning by tossing a giant out, then posing like Hogan wearing red & yellow with the Hogan font in the tron was NOT a good first impression. 

I liked what I saw as a whole so I’m gonna give this promotion a chance though, but I was a little scared watching the end of that match. 

7 hours ago, Bushy. said:

So I just caught my first MLW show ever. Watched Battle Riot III.

I was actually really enjoying it ! Got really into it. And battle royals/rumbles are always fun. Especially with pins. 

No major nitpicks honestly. And I know he’s over as hell, the only MLW Openweight Champ in existence, but first impressions mean a lot and I don’t see it with Hammerstone. 

Is his gimmick just Hulk Hogan in 2021? I mean, a big tanned muscled up tall guy Hulking up, winning by tossing a giant out, then posing like Hogan wearing red & yellow with the Hogan font in the tron was NOT a good first impression. 

I liked what I saw as a whole so I’m gonna give this promotion a chance though, but I was a little scared watching the end of that match. 

Battle Riot is really a good show to get into MLW, but if you are interested you can check out their Youtube channel, i think they still have their shows online there.
MLW like many other Companies are on a roll really.

Hammerstone is really a weird character, i dont get him at all and in the ring im not impressed by him.

Well at least I’m not the only one. But yeah. I do actually plan on going back to their reemergence in 2017 and watching most of those dream matches. I tried to start off with One Shot, but I can’t find it online anywhere. 

Other than that, Fusion is short enough to skim through. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just watched Fightland. Love Myron Reed and was shocked to see him lose to Taijiri of all people lol. I guess he’s graduating to the main event ?

I didn’t hate the Embedded segment like everyone else did I was just shocked. I’ve never seen another promotion openly talk about contract status and even kayfabe names of other companies before. It was just bizarre. 

Hammerstone vs Fatu. Man, these guys can work. I was honestly shocked at how good both are because I’m not too familiar with them, but something was completely missing. Like, there was absolutely zero pacing and storytelling. For a unification match the moves should feel more high impact and meaningful. It was kinda just spot for spot even though it was fun. Everything felt rushed. And that Hulk up spot I just rolled my eyes... and then the flat finish. 

Not a good look for new fans IMO, as I am one still. 

• 1 month later...

Archived