Major League Wrestling Discussion Thread

Oresama

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a storyline sense...Mil Muertes is the only person who could logically beat Fatu for the title, and I really think he should. As much as I love Fatu, MLW has been "the Contra show" for way too long at this point. I know the pandemic probably forced them to do that more than they probably planned to. But...now is high time for something different.  First you could do battle of the big men between Mil Muertes and  Mads Krugger...and when he breaks through Contra's firewall, he can get to Fatu himself. 

I'd go one step further and say that Mil should actually beat Fatu with ease. It would paint a picture of Fatu being complacent at the top of the food chain and not expecting anyone to meet him at his level. In comes this supernatural power, and wipes him right off his feet. Fatu is shocked, to say the least, and he turns away from Contra to do his own thing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The filthy island episode was very disappointing and too indy for me. Don't know why I was expecting something decent out of Mil Muertes vs Savio Vega in a jungle but it was complete sh*t because of the "satellite camera issues" and the brawl keep getting interrupted and it didn't even have a proper ending as it was just Mil teasing he was going to bury Savio alive.

Only thing I enjoyed was Hammerstone's comedy bit

• 2 weeks later...

Don't think Lucha Underground is (or will be) back...but, I could see Dario Cueto coming back to wrestling in MLW (if he wants to). It's always funny to think about...because, that dude is just an actor. He isn't a wrestling guy. Anyway...it wouldn't surprise me if this is the direction for the summer. The stable of Salina, Los Parks, and Mil Muertes is a license to print money. If you somehow bring some Lucha Underground flavor to that, even better. I don't think Lucha Underground 'proper' is going to return as a fulltime show, though. That would surprise me.

Also, it can never be stated enough...MLW has the best cohesive group of titles in the entire industry, IMO. I love each and every single one. Not only do they look great individually, but they function so well as a unit. The National Openweight title is what their World title should look like, IMO (I've never liked how big and square their world title is...looks more like a tag belt). But, yeah...the Openweight and Tag titles specifically are some of the best looking belts ever. Hammerstone all tanned up with the Openweight belt looks straight out of 1990. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived