Official Survivor Series Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

QpwqB2p.png?1
Date: 22 November 2020, 7 PMET/4 PMPT
Venue: Amway Center (WWE Thunderdome)
Theme(s): AC/DC - "Shot in the Dark"

RAW vs. SmackDown Match
Singles Match
WWE Champion Drew McIntyre vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns (w/ Paul Heyman)
rfDgkMQ.jpg

RAW vs. SmackDown Match
Singles Match
RAW Women's Champion Asuka vs. SmackDown Women's Champion Sasha Banks
TALqhhQ.jpg

Traditional Survivor Series Match
5-Man Elimination Tag Team Match
Team RAWAJ Styles, Sheamus, Keith Lee, Riddle, and Braun Strowman vs. Team SmackDown: Kevin Owens, Jey Uso, King Corbin, Seth Rollins, and Otis
Jm99GyD.jpg

Traditional Survivor Series Match
5-Woman Elimination Tag Team Match
Team RAW: Shayna Baszler, Nia Jax, Lana, Peyton Royce, and Lacey Evans vs. Team SmackDown: Bianca Belair, Ruby Riott, Liv Morgan, Bayley, and Natalya
REjeeP7.jpg

RAW vs. SmackDown Match
Singles Match
United States Champion Bobby Lashley vs. Intercontinental Champion Sami Zayn
XHd3Mtz.jpg

RAW vs. SmackDown Match
Tag Team Match
RAW Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Street Profits
RSL1up4.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brand warfare is so played out and meaningless nowadays that it’s like “Who gives shit?” On that same strength, the PPV itself has been pretty good these last couple years; so even though the build is a drag (PLEASE no invasion angles this year!), the matches themselves have a higher chance at being good compared to a dumb gimmick PPV like HIAC.

The brand warfare narrative would mean a bit more if it was WWE (RAW and Smackdown) vs NXT (as though it were stand alone). We've been conditioned that RAW and  SD are interchangeable in both roster and content, but NXT is still something of a pseudo indy company.

1 hour ago, JLJM said:

I miss the days when Survivor Series was all 5v5 matches and the teams were based on alliance and rivalry..."Teams of five strive to survive"...ah nostalgia.

It really seemed to me that they were going to do a Hurt Business vs Retribution at SS, but I don't know if they'd actually do it or scrap it, like most things.

I wouldn't mind if they took a break from SD vs. Raw for one year and focused on rivalries. Could make for some very interesting teams. One of my favorite SS matches ever is Team DX vs. Team Rated RKO. They don't have to force this brand warfare on us every year.

40 minutes ago, BrandonX said:

This is.. what, his fifth "final farewell"?

Well, it will be hard to come back after publicly announcing it at the end of his highly acclaimed docuseries lol

Was gonna sign up for the virtual fan attendance thingy, but these past few weeks have kicked my ass to the point where I don’t have the energy to be on cam showing enough fan enthusiasm.

Anyway I wonder if we’re getting Deadman Taker or Boneyard/Deadman/whatever you wanna call it Taker. Hopefully whatever happens doesn’t lead to a match after The Last Ride doc and how perfect the send off was in the Boneyard Match. Up to him like he stated in the documentary ?????

Same, would like to sign up for the virtual fan for Survivor Series, only problem is that since I am from the Philippines, WWE PPV are early in the morning and on a Monday. Too early for me to show on cam and also I have work.

I already saw myself on RAW last October since I was placed in the Front row during the show. I think I am good for now since my face is already immortalized in WWE programming lol.

Agree with the final farewell, I hope it is just a farewell without anything. Maybe just a final tombstone piledriver and pose on the stage or every wrestler paying tribute to him while he is on the ring and everyone is on the stage clapping. His retirement/send off is perfect and no more matches should be done.

41 minutes ago, AegisAvenger said:

Has Asuka done anything at all since the Survivor Series build-up? I just remember she is the current RAW champ because of the match list for SvS.

She just faced Nia, her first match in a few weeks. Which I think did more build-up for Team Raw than for Asuka.

4 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

She just faced Nia, her first match in a few weeks. Which I think did more build-up for Team Raw than for Asuka.

I mean it's Asuka vs Sasha, which I think is now almost as tired as Seth vs Rey since their RAW feud

So Survivor Series is this coming Sunday right? (Monday for me - Australian time).. Where the hell has the build up been? Like not one single match has been hyped/built up whatsoever! I get they're limited to what they can do due to the pandemic, but wow! 1 of the4 biggest PPVs of the year and not an ouce of build up.

Archived