This community means a lot to me. Thanks, guys.

Flowers

Today was the first day I revisited Caws in nearly 10 years.  I notice the forum is relatively inactive, and I assume there has been plenty nostalgic posts to fill what might be a growing void.  So, I apologize if this thread is redundant.

I just want to thank this community for how much you all have positively influenced me during a critical time in my life.  I joined this forum in 2007, when I was an impressionable 10 or 11 year old.  I don't remember what made me join Caws, but I wound up being a regular poster for the next five or so years.  If I were to ever read my old posts, it would be trippy to see the development of the person I am today.  This community is directly responsible for opening me to music and professional wrestling -- passions that I hold as a 24 year old adult.  Not to mention how talking to so many different types of people at a young age has shaped my general world views.

And I could writing a *censored*ing book about the memories I have and the exchanges I read on here.  So much hilarious shit that I'll stay reminiscing over.

Shoutout M3J, Generations, Fuse, DAN, Muur, Vik, Ollie the Magic Bum, Anti-Saint, Radom, Notorious LIO, Spyder, AssaultDriver720, Lai, Grenade, Nickvana.  I assume a number of these posters are long gone.  Wish I could add more posters to the list, but I'm struggling to remember names at the moment.

I tried keeping this thread short, but I don't wanna understate how important Caws was to my childhood and adolescence.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.  Thanks again, people.  Stay great.

Edit: Does Caws have a Discord?  It should!

• 2 months later...

It really is something, ain't it?

I recently took a lengthy hiatus from this place as well (nowhere near ten years, though)...and only recently returned. But...it's always the same place. For better or for worse, it's always the same place.  And it's definitely a melting pot of personalities and opinions. I hear ya about the "world views". There are definitely entirely parts of my brain that wouldn't exist if not for this place. For one thing, a lot of random influence on my vocabulary from the UK banter. There are entire words or phrases that I'll use without thinking, which would otherwise be completely out of place for a guy from New Jersey. Lol. 

It's just a shame that this place is mostly tumble weeds now. 

Archived