Horror Films Discussion

The worst, most disturbing film I've ever seen was "Crash" by David Croenenberg - watched it at college as part of film studies. It wasn't sick in a "horrendously gory" sense, but it was just uncomfortable to watch.

Very uncomfortable.

Oh so you've had that experience too.

I've seen it.

Pretty sure the movie won Best Picture, right? Widely regarded as one of the worst winners of that award. I thought it was a good movie though.

lol. No no. Not that awful movie. This is the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst, most disturbing film I've ever seen was "Crash" by David Croenenberg - watched it at college as part of film studies. It wasn't sick in a "horrendously gory" sense, but it was just uncomfortable to watch.

Very uncomfortable.

Oh so you've had that experience too.

I've seen it.

Pretty sure the movie won Best Picture, right? Widely regarded as one of the worst winners of that award. I thought it was a good movie though.

lol. No no. Not that awful movie. This is the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115964/

Oh good, I figured I was confusing it.

When I think of cheap horror films, I think of most of the category selections on Hulu and Netflix. Tons of B and C movies.

Netflix's selection of horror movies is completely laughable... color me shocked when I saw they actually had Rogue One up for viewing.

If you love horror try the Shutter subscription service. My friend has it and loves it. Seems like a lot of content too.

Shudder.

And yeah, The Void is awesome. Although I may be biased because a bud of mine is in it...

Shudder*

And no way lmao, what does he do in it?

He's one of the creatures. Specifically the contortionist one doing crazy shit.

Dude went viral recently and is now working with Del Toro on shit. Type in Troy James (Twisty Troy) on Google if ya want. Worked with him at Wonderland's (amusement park) Halloween Haunt events for years and knew he'd blow up someday.

Actually filmed my first short film with him as the star for an assignment but while it got a good mark, it was way too crappy to post anywhere since I didn't really know what I was doing.

He's one of the creatures. Specifically the contortionist one doing crazy shit.

Dude went viral recently and is now working with Del Toro on shit. Type in Troy James (Twisty Troy) on Google if ya want. Worked with him at Wonderland's (amusement park) Halloween Haunt events for years and knew he'd blow up someday.

Actually filmed my first short film with him as the star for an assignment but while it got a good mark, it was way too crappy to post anywhere since I didn't really know what I was doing.

I remember the one. That's awesome.

I'm directing my first short film soon. My friend wants to do a thriller-y thing for university.

When I hear the words "cheap horror movie", I can't help but to think of 'Drag Me to Hell'.... ridiculous in every sense of the word. But I'm saying ridiculous in a good way.

I loved it. Watched it 3 times or 4 through the years. :D

Very good camera work and the twists even a bit predictable, still fun to watch.

Besides that I watched (from the most known ones since it would take several pages to post all the movies that I watched :P ):

- Friday the 13 movies

- Nightmare on elm street movies

- hellraiser movies (I think I didn't watched the last two though)

- halloween movies

- Phantasm (the first 3 ones as far as I remember, need to watch 4 and 5)

- Evil Dead movies and also the series

- IT of course

- The Thing (from the 80s)

- Scream (movies and the series so far)

- Final Destination movies

- Saw (I think only the first 4)

- 28 days/weeks later

- 30 days of night

- Dracula, Zombie, Virus and "wrong turn" type of movies (from the oldest to the newest)

and tons of other ones.

A movie I watched last Weekend is called Viral.

It was a decent one to watch but nothing really Special.

Has anyone seen Cube? I thought it was quite cleverly done.

Loved the first one, the second one was a bit weird cause it had a different feel to it (except of the traps of course).

I think a third came out but I never watched it.

Loved the first one, the second one was a bit weird cause it had a different feel to it (except of the traps of course).

I've seen one advertised as Cube - Hypercube, I couldn't say if it was the second or third. That's the problem with a film such as Cube, it tells it's own story, but then they try and wring the concept out for sequels and they're never as good.

I've seen one advertised as Cube - Hypercube, I couldn't say if it was the second or third. That's the problem with a film such as Cube, it tells it's own story, but then they try and wring the concept out for sequels and they're never as good.

Yes Hypercube was the second movie. :)

They also released "Cube Zero" which I thought was the third movie but it turns out it's a Prequel.

Might give it a try out of curiousity. :D

Don't know what to make of this...

At least it looks different.

Has a cool cast and looks interesting.

Gonna give it a shot. :)

Archived