Horror Films Discussion

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched Cult of Chucky last night, sucked. It was too over the top and just lazy writing to me anyway.

The whole I could put myself into anything was okay, but having him have what? 4 different Chucky's but all being the same soul was stupid and turned me off. Did love the interaction with the crazy old lady when he first came into the asylum. The ending wasn't bad.

I liked Cult of Chucky. I don't see Chucky as horror, more so as slasher since, I feel, the character is too comical and non threatening to be seen as scary. Now, I want to see more of this personal battle between Chucky and his old foes. Glad the franchise is getting complete.

Watched Cult of Chucky last night, sucked. It was too over the top and just lazy writing to me anyway.

The whole I could put myself into anything was okay, but having him have what? 4 different Chucky's but all being the same soul was stupid and turned me off. Did love the interaction with the crazy old lady when he first came into the asylum. The ending wasn't bad.

I thought it was alright. But I mean, its really the opposite of lazy writing. Instead of following the slasher formula, they attempted to add a new spin.

And too over the top sounds kinda silly when youre already watching a movie about a walking, talking murderous doll.

Halloween fans are mixed on the new film next year being another alternate timeline where this takes place many years after the original film and ignores every other sequels, including the brother/sister element.

Different timelines doesn't bother me. I currently prefer the H1,H2 and H20 timeline (I don't acknowledge Resurrection though)but I can still enjoy the whole franchise in a marathon.

OK

So we never learn why the day keeps repeating but, the roomate (who is always sweet to her is the killer) at first she tries to poison her with a cupcake. The roomate is a nurse and so when that fails she dressed up liked the masked person to try and kill her. To cover her tracks she helps an inmate escape (who needed medical attention and is at the hospital) so it looks like he did it. She is upset with her because the protagonist is having an affair with the doctor she loves, the doctor is also a professor at the school and the protagonist is screwing him to help with grades, and clearly doesn't like him

Reccomend you to watch the autopsy of jane doe if you didn't yet.

It's not a "wow" movie but it's very well made, fun to watch and something that is different to the tons of Zombie, haunted houses and killer movies that are out there. :)

• 5 months later...

Archived