Horror Films Discussion

Defiently not a classic on the level of Halloween and such but for sure a classic among fans as a cult hit. My point was that when it first came out it was a decent hit but not huge because it was just a very noticeable tv mini series. Over the years it grew among hardcore horror fans as a classic to an extent.

Some people think the new film is an original movie but others of course know the old mini series and some the book itself

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IT (1990) isn't a cult classic. Where did you guys get that idea from? It aired on a major network, ABC, scoring huge ratings the two nights it aired. It was a MAJOR success that kick-started a wave of Stephen King TV adaptations. Furthermore, it never lost its popularity. Whenever someone refers to a scary clown Tim Curry's Pennywise is almost always the go-to clown.

I never said it wasn't a success. Or a cult classic.

My main point was that there's still tons of room to improve on the story through a reboot. The mini-series was good and I'm a big fan of it but I don't think I'd call it great.

Although yeah, I don't think your post was directed at me.

For my money, IT is a great "training wheels" type of horror story... from there, newbies to the genre can move on to scarier horror flicks... like (the original) Nightmare on Elm Street, (the original) Friday the 13th, (the original) Halloween, etc. etc.

Best thing IT has going for it is the fact that I absolutely despise clowns... and Tim Curry didn't disappoint in that original series.

I said it and I stand by it.

Okay. Then explain yourself. Tell me how IT has attained cult status. I'm curious to hear your explanation considering that you didn't know it was a mini-series.

Lmao I'm good, I know I was wrong. I said I stand by it in jest. Really doesn't matter either way I'm clearly talking out my ass.

i love horrors and will watch just about anything except anything to do with human alteration (i'm looking at you Human Centipede) and torture (though i love the Saw films and don't class these as torture as everything is self-inflicted).

my faves though are horrors from the 1980s, i've seen tons and tons from this decade and just love all the awesome practical effects and outlandish supernatural stories and gore. Too many great ones to name but a few of my fave more obscure films would be Demons 1&2, Street Trash, Re-Animator and Chopping Mall to name a few.

with the arrival of Scream in 1996 i felt that horrors got really shit and nearly everything that followed was just mindless slasher flicks where the killer was just someone dressed up, all the supernatural stuff seemed to be dead and buried. that was until i saw the film 1408 which came out in 2007 and my faith in the genre was restored. :)

• 2 weeks later...

they talk about F13TH game news at the beginning of the video but they also discuss other horror movie news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U16eguJXuTk

that into by Kane Hodder is awesome and hilarious

"keep watching or i'll kill you and your whole family" :lol:

He's so damn cool.... hope they really decide to put a small humorous spin on the F13 game, and include Kane Hodder as one of Jason's playable in-game skins.

He's so damn cool.... hope they really decide to put a small humorous spin on the F13 game, and include Kane Hodder as one of Jason's playable in-game skins.

i just want the damn movie studio to return the hockey mask back to him where it belongs

• 3 weeks later...

Archived