Official Hell in a Cell Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

Only saw the last 3 matches. Watched Becky vs Sasha from HIAC from last year for the first time right before Bayley vs Sasha started and man, both matches were excellent, but Bayley and Sasha were on a whole other level tonight. Props to those two women. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a sick stat really.

and I can't remember when was the last time he had a reign that felt as natural as this one. and at the same time, had such well booked babyface champion.

Drew had some weird quirks at times so to speak,  sure, and if it wasn't for the Orton feud, it's very dubious how his reign would have gone after the Ziggler snooze fest.

Now when I think of it... it probably seems even better than it is, because we have gotten used to Lesnar reigns and him always ending reigns randomly. 

Glad for Sasha. Now hopefully they let her have the title for longer than a single month.

Don't exactly agree with the decision of Drew losing the title already, but hopefully this can lead into The Fiend taking his revenge on Orton, although this is probably just planned out for Edge.

Bayley/Sasha was incredible. Certain MOTY contender and the best HIAC match in recent history. 

Roman/Jey with another fantastic storytelling display. It could have been a little shorter than it was but I'm not complaining. Reigns was incredible. Heel Reigns is greatness. 

Drew/Orton was decent and I was disappointed that Drew lost but hopefully he wins it back soon and I'm not really mad about Orton winning the title because his heel work has been his best in recent times. I think this will eventually lead to Orton/Edge but I could really do without it being for the title when the time comes. 

Lastly, beyond glad Mix won the briefcase. It was a joke Otis won it in the first place and I've always loved The Miz. Been close to a decade since his last WWE Championship reign so he's long overdue. 

I thought this was the worst WWE PPV of the year so far. None of the matches worked for me. None. The non-HIAC matches were worthless. Retribution is a joke, so I don’t give shit about them. Otis being a singles competitor is stupid, so anything do with that I don’t care about. Elias/Hardy had an incredibly dumb built, so I couldn’t get into that. But hey, good job making Elias look like a chump!

As for the HIAC matches, I hate HIAC matches. Theres far too many of them and they’re all booked as garbage hardcore matches with a cell. Reigns/Jey was a lesser version of their first match and went on forever. The character work was good and the finish was interesting, but the match psychology was off and the cell added absolutely NOTHING to the match.

Bayley/Sasha was the worst cell match of the night. It was your stereotypical HIAC match with all the dumb weapons spots you expect there to be. Nothing fresh about this one at all and it was so badly overbooked.

Drew/Orton was the best worked Cell match with the best selling, but it was long and bloated. And please stop doing that fall from the side of the cell to the table spot. We’ve seen it so many *censored*ing times already. I’m also not very enthusiastic about Orton being champion after losing his last two title bouts against Drew. The booking going into the match was so cold and tired that it made Orton’s ultimate win so flat.

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived