AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it, man. Not only is racism an issue here. But, you work for a company who is pushing this talent. Even if you take racism out of the equation, why would you be mocking a pushed talent on air? Is he supposed to be a heel commentator, or was he just talking out his ass? Also, good on Thunder Rosa for telling him to shut up.

Guest Fight Me.

It was during commercial so he definitely thought they weren't being listened to. Sometimes they forget to mute the mics, I think they're more on top of that with English commentators aftef JR said something once about how Janela should be a heel lol

Guest Fight Me.
On 5/29/2021 at 12:53 PM, Fight Me. said:

Reposting here. He was the Spanish commentator that mocked Shida's accent last night.

Credit:pwinsider

As PWInsider.com reported during our AEW Double or Nothing Post-Game Show for Elite susbcribers on Sunday evening, Lio Rush, who debuted for All Elite Wrestling over the weekend, signed recently with New Japan Pro Wrestling, PWInsider.com can confirm.  One source believed Rush may have signed as early as late April.

We are told that New Japan has given their blessing for Rush to work for AEW and MLW and that he'll continue to be a regular on NJPW Strong and beyond for the promotion

On 6/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, Counting Lights said:

Such a bummer nothing ever happened with Kong. I maintain she should've been inaugural champ. Then Nyla gets a big rub beating her, and Shida finally going over Nyla feels even bigger.

I thought that would have been the best decision as well. Kong was the most recognizable name they had. She should have had a good run initially and then put Nyla over as the new monster of the company. They also wouldn't have made that tiny women's title that they keep for way to long.

Shanna I will miss as well which might be part due to her DBZ gear. She just might should have picked a different finish because somethings she would miss the tiger suplex pin and other times she seems like she gets stuck in it.

Guest Fight Me.

Shanna is no loss. She got called out for some racist tweets a while back. Fightful also reported that she had problems with other wrestlers and was treating extras like shit.

It's great that a lot of friends and indie wrestlers have been given chances but the roster has a lot of fat that needs trimming! I mean maybe some can be used for Dark and Elevation but Dynamite and the new show needs to make room for big names available and not necessarily just legends for manager and other small roles.

Tony Khan should be going after Samoa Joe, Braun Strowman, Aleister Black and Buddy Murphy right now but because their roster is already bloated, they need a summer roster clean/shake up

The AEW roster isn't THAT bloated when you consider who is actually signed. I've said it before...but, a lot of people we see on AEW aren't even employed by the company. Three names that I would instantly cut are Brandon Cutler, Peter Avalon, and Michael Nakazawa. Maybe Marko Stunt, too...(although, I do appreciate his crash-test antics). I'd honestly keep him just so he can get tossed into the third row by Archer. Aside from that...I don't think the roster is too congested. 

Cutler and Nakazawa do a good bit of backstage work don't they? Cutler's wife is also a costume seamstress. But hell, neither is going anywhere from nepotism alone.

I think Luther would be an obvious cut. Dude is in his 50's and straight up never appears on Dynamite. Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela are also just kinda floating around on Dark these days. 

Also that Mel chick who was in Brandi's stable. How is she still signed when she never appears? lol

I do think some of the Nightmare Family/Factory hires are questionable, but I guess they're kinda developmental type deals so.... I'll let them sit for a while.

Cutler, Nakazawa, Janela, Kiss, Library duo, Sabian, Luther, Gunns, all spring to mind without looking at the roster.

There's just too many signings that are there just because they're mates with the guys in charge.

There's ALOT of subpar wrestlers on the roster. So I'd agree they need to trim the fat abit. Especially when there's still some big names out their that can actually bring something to the table. 

On 6/3/2021 at 7:08 AM, Kman said:

Cutler, Nakazawa, Janela, Kiss, Library duo, Sabian, Luther, Gunns, all spring to mind without looking at the roster.

There's just too many signings that are there just because they're mates with the guys in charge.

There's ALOT of subpar wrestlers on the roster. So I'd agree they need to trim the fat abit. Especially when there's still some big names out their that can actually bring something to the table. 

I agree with most of those and if you are on the roster, not injured, and go months at a time without appear on a tv show then the company probably doesn't need you full time. If you really want to use them that sporadically just hire them for short term deals or one offs. TH2, Swole and Ford probably could go as well. I will exclude the students and indy standouts since youtube isn't bad for them and some aren't quite ready for tv. Cutler I probably keep with the company just not as a wrestler. More for backstage video editing. And looking at the roster page Mel is still there? I thought she was long gone.

It's funny to hear Swole mentioned, because my group of friends who watch AEW all dislike her too. And hearing the complete lack of a pop from the live crowds now makes it really seem like nobody likes her at all. She has been one of the most steady pushes all along...and it seems like nobody likes her at all. Lol. They should release her and sign Trish Adora. 

Archived