AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confussing/conflicting newz & viewz on reddit

My guess--someone was speculating about Blacks cryptic tumblr posts and assumed Black wanted a release.   That got spread around and reached Raj so thats what he hinted at.   Raj tried to confirm them, but couldnt.  SRS apparently also looked into it and also found no evidence.  

Then a fake Meltzer account tweeted the rumor out as confirmed.   Raj thought it was actually Meltzer and  responded that Dave beat him to confirming it.

House of Black was really one of the best things about AEW...so this is a huge loss. Hopefully whatever issues he has can be resolved and maybe he comes back. Otherwise, I guess he'll be WWE bound again at some point, which I don't really see as a positive for him, tbh. There are plenty of people who I see WWE being a better option for with HHH in charge. But Black had really established a character in AEW.

Trips did present him well, but House of Black really felt like Malakai was able to do what he wanted and crank that shit to 11. Dude got two of his friends hired to form a stable with him and really got to get creative with his presentation. He wasn't top of the card or anything, but I can't remember the last time he missed a PPV and I'm fairly certain he'd be winning a title soon enough.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:15 PM, Counting Lights said:

Trips did present him well, but House of Black really felt like Malakai was able to do what he wanted and crank that shit to 11. Dude got two of his friends hired to form a stable with him and really got to get creative with his presentation. He wasn't top of the card or anything, but I can't remember the last time he missed a PPV and I'm fairly certain he'd be winning a title soon enough.

Pretty much this.

People remember stables when they're done right. House of Black would have been trios champions eventually...and Black probably would have been world champion at some point also (if not, then at least TNT champion). Just felt like House of Black had all the momentum in terms of what their future could have held. Shame to see it gone before it really got anywhere. 

• 3 weeks later...

Found on reddit:

AEW and Rob Van Dam have “mutual interest” in each other

Rob Van Dam is at Comic Con Edinburgh just now and just did a panel with a Q&A. Someone asked him if he would rather join WWE or AEW just now and he said he and AEW have been in contact and there is mutual interest but said “We’ll need to wait and see. I always seem to be a little busier than I like to be.”

There are a handful of people who I might be ok with seeing AEW still pick up even with the bloated current roster. RVD in his 50's is not one of those people.

Tony, you have Andrade, one of the best wrestlers in the world, wanting to leave because you've done nothing of interest with him. You have Lance Archer being relegated to Battle Royal fodder. You have a whole bunch of talented guys whose airtime is only due to hanging around in stables while doing nothing of interest themselves. Hell, you had FTR and Wardlow on FIRE and cooled them down in the biggest way. Not to mention all the RoH floaters. Get the show back on the rails, figure out programs for your current roster, then circle back.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully not trolling, that man is too good to be used how AEW does.
Like dude, his last AEW match was All Out in September...how?

Let the man go, maybe Return to the WWE...i want him to succeed and obviously AEW doesnt see that in him, so its best if he goes.

Found on reddit

Meltzer says William Regal's WWE return has been discussed. He's under a 1 year deal with AEW: "I would just say that when his contract is up, it would not surprise me. Tony can make him a better offer and all that. It is certainly something that has been discussed. I will just say that."

Archived