AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

15 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Cody is lowkey a genius. Knew he couldn't break though in the WWE so he made a promotion that half the roster wanted to jump ship to and is now gonna go back and be the only guy left to push.

lmaoooooo

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Fightful is reporting another top signing and also a top name backstage tonight:

AEW has apparently signed Shane "Swerve" Strickland. Not signed but they had ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham backstage. Both incredible gets.

9 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

Hopefully he does well cause outside of his match with Okada hes done jack shit.

Yeah, I’m not sure why ? Like I was expecting him to go on this huge Indy tear and he’s kinda chosen just not to :lol:

Either way, I want him to be world champ one day and I’m not sure he’s gonna achieve that in AEW. But TNT title? Definitely achievable. 

Guest Fight Me.
1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

They wouldn't do it unless they had plans for him... right?

Also... how long we thinking before CLAUDIO is All Elite?

Revolution confronting the world champion. ???

On 2/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, Counting Lights said:

They wouldn't do it unless they had plans for him... right?

Also... how long we thinking before CLAUDIO is All Elite?

They don’t have enough space for him. He should go to Impact or NJPW ideally. Maybe in a year or two he can go to AEW before he retires. 

he did say this before deleting

Guerrero has been in Australia to film the second season of NBC’s “Young Rock” show, based on the life of WWE Legend The Rock. The second generation wrestler works as a wrestling coordinator on the NBC series. Guerrero was recently removed from the AEW roster page, and a fan on Twitter pointed this out. Guerrero responded and claimed AEW President, CEO, General Manager & Head Of Creative Tony Khan told him his job would be there when he returned from filming the show.

“That’s news to me! I guess having @TonyKhan telling me to go film Young Rock Season 2, & my job will be waiting for me when I’m done, didn’t mean much,” Chavo wrote.

Guerrero deleted that tweet not long after posting it.

also didnt know they filmed the show in australia

im starting to see if u say anything negative about tony on twitter  ur pretty much done 

Guest Fight Me.

No, Chavo went away to continue working on Young Rock season 2. TK said he'd still have a job waiting for him when he was done with that.

Edit: Yeah what Austin posted lol

1 hour ago, Counting Lights said:

Chavo said something on twitter that got him a lot of hate. Can't remember what it was, but he was off TV pretty soon after.

I remember him making a dumb comment after Seth Rollins was attacked by that fan, which got a lot of hate. That might be what you’re thinking of, but I don’t think they would fire him over that 

11 hours ago, AxleComuteza said:

I remember him making a dumb comment after Seth Rollins was attacked by that fan, which got a lot of hate. That might be what you’re thinking of, but I don’t think they would fire him over that 

Ok there we go, that's what I was thinking of. I think I got it confused with Karl Anderson's comments after Hana Kimura.

Honestly, Chavo doesn't seem to have any real place in AEW. His work has always been solid. But the main roster doesn't need him. Any role he would be able to fill would be a managerial one in nature...but no one is currently in need of a manager either. It's kind of wrong for them to tell him he'd be back and then not bother with him after...but I wouldn't exactly consider that a "firing" so much as "things have changed".

Archived