AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really interested to see who Tony doesn’t renegotiate with. They really are running out of room with all the talents they’ve got.  Why have I only seen Jay Lethal on TV once and it’s been like 3 weeks ?

Guest Fight Me.
6 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

I’m really interested to see who Tony doesn’t renegotiate with. They really are running out of room with all the talents they’ve got.  Why have I only seen Jay Lethal on TV once and it’s been like 3 weeks ?

Watch Dark. :hqhq:

Nah but maybe it is outta respect for ROH cause his shit is still airing there before Final Battle next weekend. He was also in Mexico this weekend for TripleMania. And maybe just cause they realized the heat they get on Twitter whenever he's on...Which I can't ignore too but *Censored* he is having good matches so idk. Weird situation, could be a number of things.

Guest Fight Me.
10 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Im still mad i had to see Nese beat Buddy Murphy for the CW title. 

:lol:

I remember reading Murphy said it was his idea since they just wanted to run back Murphy vs. Cedric I think and have Murphy retain even though they were both getting called up after. So at least the Nese win made sense story wise.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, glennsoe said:

I seen reddit posts suggesting he should pull a Madusa and throw the title in the trash.  

This would be the equivalent of saying "I failed" for Cody. AEW is partly his company, him throwing out the title would be him shitting on his own creation. His own body of work since leaving. That's not heat, that's just stupidity.

That said, I wouldn't put it past Cody in the Rumble. Frankly, I could see Tony pushing for it to happen. Gets AEW in the mind of "WWE only" viewers potentially. Even if it just leads to "What happened to Cody Rhodes?" google searches, it could potentially drive a bit of traffic their way.

Credit: pwinsider

Marko Stunt, who last performed for the company in September 2021.  Stunt has not been at AEW events of late and the Jurrasic Express name has quietly been dropped in recent weeks with Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy simply being announced under their respective ring names.

*Joey Janela, who has been with the company since it was formed and most recently wrestled for AEW against Eddie Kingston in Charlotte, NC on an episode of Dark.

*Brian Cage, who last wrestled for the promotion in October 2021 but had been backstage regularly since that time period.

Earlier today, Lio Rush announced his deal with AEW expires next month. 

All three have deals that are slated to expire in the coming months, although until their current contracts lapse, there's always a chance they and AEW come to terms on a new contractual agreement.   Neither they nor AEW have made any public statement about deals ending or when those expiration dates may be.

There may also be others beyond the names we have heard with slated to expire as well.

Archived