AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TK keeps building that roster and that's awesome but I do wonder if he has it in him to make roster cuts if needed after on. He's only made very few releases and he seems the type that is afraid to hurt someone's feelings or anger his employees. Pretty don't want conflict with his VP's either when many on the roster are their homies

On 9/9/2021 at 5:28 PM, Siul LXXXV said:

TK keeps building that roster and that's awesome but I do wonder if he has it in him to make roster cuts if needed after on. He's only made very few releases and he seems the type that is afraid to hurt someone's feelings or anger his employees. Pretty don't want conflict with his VP's either when many on the roster are their homies

Mind you we were also in a pandemic and he knew wrestlers especially would be dead in the water getting released during it. With the world stabilizing we might see some cuts coming up. 

Guest Fight Me.

Actually found a wiki article of every release they've made so far. Some we've covered here before, and others that have flown other the radar.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_former_All_Elite_Wrestling_personnel

-Shanna got released for being a piece of shit to extras.

-Sadie Gibbs, Bea Priestley and Cima couldn't be flown out during the pandemic so they let them go. Bea Priestley is now in NXT UK.

-Jimmy Havoc was released following the #SpeakingOut movement.

-GoldenBoy (who called many of the early AEW PPVs) was never brought back after they hired Tony Schiavone.

-Kylie Rae asked for her release before shortly joining Impact.

-Awesome Kong left to do the final season of GLOW before it got canceled and she was basically already retired.

-Willie Urbina was the racist Spanish commentator who got caught making fun of Shida.

-Ivelisse got released for being unprofessional, most notably after an incident with Thunder Rosa.

-Mel was basically never used again after the Nightmare Collective (Brandi's group) broke up and I think they just let her contract expire.

-And then there's a bunch of backstage interviewers that got let go, I do recall AEW signing way too many of them when they started up. Kinda wish they kept Alicia Atout over Alex Marvez but whatever.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

This just popped up in my recommended lol So WWE definitely wanted him too, but I heard he turned them down. Simple stuff but he moves good for a giant I think.

i get it but idk. passing on Buddy Matthews and signing Nese is odd to me. i get Nese is probably has friends in the company, but i kinda feel like that’s even more reason to not do this, just to save the risk of maybe some morale issues, if that makes sense. like i don’t think Buddy has any real personal ties to anybody there so i bet things would just generally be smoother with him.

Archived