AEW Signings/Releases Thread

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I remember he was legit hot on the indys before his injury. And you're right, Penelope added a lot to his presentation. His match with Hangman at All In was good and I guess the match with Mox too. Crazy to say he main evented one of the early shows lmao

Another thing they've done wrong with him is that they've tried pushing him as a face this whole time when he's a natural heel and people want to hate him. They've teased a turn recently on Dark and turning on someone like Sonny Kiss could get him some decent heat. He could work better as a heel if they push him more as a character so he could get away with being shit in the ring like Miz lol

That's good. I'm always happy so see legitimate performers signing with AEW instead of these random jobbers that they are always trying to make a big deal of. AEW needs less of "[guy you saw wrestle on Dark three times] is All Elite"...and more actual performers with something to offer.

As for Tessa...call me old fashioned, but I honestly don't care about her attitude issues or personal shortcomings. She is a star in the industry, and I'd be fine with her in AEW. As long as she wrestles as a heel, and they don't try to present her as a good person, then I don't care if she's there.

Guest Fight Me.

Is there any company she hasn't burned bridges with lol Guess that explains why Diamante started feuding with Thunder Rosa on her own on Dark.

She has been wasted in AEW, and I don't blame her. A lot of people are wasted in AEW...and these random factions aren't helping anything.

Two of my favorites on the roster are Santana and Ortiz...and they haven't been relevant as part of the Inner Circle for months. They always look like they're just standing there as set-pieces. I mean...how hard would it have been to book Ivelisse, Diamante, Santana, Ortiz, and Danny Limelight as an all-Puerto Rican version of LAX? Everything about that writes itself and screams "money". I just don't know, man...AEW booking is so hit and miss for me.

Factions like "The Pinnacle" and "The Factory" already feel dead in the water to me...but they'll ignore an opportunity like this...?

Lmao what’re you talking about ? She got released for ego/attitude problems. Reportedly the no sell to Thunder Rosa that one match and shading other women on the roster. 

She hasn’t even been good since Lucha Underground which was like 4-5 years ago at its peak. Clearly she’s the problem and this loss isn’t going to change a thing. 

9 hours ago, Lunchbox said:

I saw a fan responded to her tweet like maybe you need to look in the mirror and she was like nope its politics. Exactly why she keeps running into issues.

No self reflection on her part, not a surprise.
I dont get her deal, is she really so delusional that she thinks everybody is out there to hold her down because she is so awesome and nice and stuff?

Does she really not realize her own behaviour in or out of the ring?
I mean what did she think while no selling in the clip @Fight Me.posted?

She burns bridges on her own, its not some politics or so that do that.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt Tony Khan rule out that they would sign her?
What they do with the Women in AEW is still so baffling to me, now adding of all people Tessa maybe? But then, they had Ivelisse around.
Super disappointing if true.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:11 PM, Lunchbox said:

AEW's handling of the womens division is puzzling still. Deonna aint worth the look but troubled Tessa is. 

FACTS Deonna openly said she wanted to go to AEW after she got cut from NXT, and I can't believe they let her just slip through their fingers. She could've been killing it with Shida and Rosa right now... Her character and presentation is so unique too, ugh.

I know there's not a whole lot of prominent women free agents atm, but Tessa is a weird ass choice given her drama. Just wait for the IIconics and Mickie James 90 days to end this summer. Peyton is all around great, Billie is an awesome character and Mickie's a vet that could really help shape some of the younger talent. Seems like a no brainer they'd throw money at them, but I'm a bit nervous.

Guest Fight Me.

They didn't wanna sign Deonna a year ago due to their connection to Marty Scurll, but I think that's obviously changed since then. But also since then, Impact's been pushing her mad good and she's already one of their best KOs champs ever so I don't blame her if she decides to stay there a little longer.

But with all this Forbidden Door talk, there's no reason they shouldn't have brought her in already anyway. I mean they've already treated the NWA Women's World Champion better than their champ already when Serena Deeb was healthy lol

Archived