AEW Dream Matches

wendigosong

It feels as of right now although AEW has a great roster, that there are relatively few Dream Matches available to to them.  With that said, I was wondering what dream matches you can envision that AEW could possibly pull off.   These are some of the only ones I can think of:

FTW World Title Match:  Sabu vs Brian Cage

Ultimate Submission Match:  Kurt Angle vs Jake Hagar

EC3 vs MJF

Motor City Machine Guns vs FTR

Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows vs Proud & Powerful

Austin Aries vs Kenny Omega

Jay Briscoe vs Jon Moxley

Anyone think of any others?

Of the ones you listed, MCMG vs FTR is definitely up there for me. Not so much the others.

Most of my dream matches would be a bit tricky though, as they'd largely involve WWE/NXT talent, as they're the ones I'm most familiar with.

Biggest for me is AJ Styles vs Kenny Omega, which I think MIGHT happen once AJ retires from full time competition. Finishes up with WWE, agrees to work a single match for AEW.

Also Omega vs Rollins, Andrade or Aleister Black

Drew McIntyre vs Lance Archer

Keith Lee vs Brian Cage

Rey Fenix and Pentagon vs Rey Mysterio

Cesaro vs Omega, or PAC, or Hangman, or Brodie...... shit man, get Cesaro to AEW immediately

Purely for the comedy, but Breezango vs TH2 would be awesome considering TH2's attires.

Using talent that aren't under WWE contract...

Shida vs Kairi Sane/Hojo would be pretty sick.

Matt Sydal vs PAC in a battle of SSP's (idk if this counts but I guess Sydal hasn't signed yet soooo)

Rascalz vs Young Bucks. Heck, Rascalz vs Private Party or TH2 would be a lot of fun.

Dalton Castle vs Chris Jericho

18 hours ago, Counting Lights said:

Most of my dream matches would be a bit tricky though, as they'd largely involve WWE/NXT talent, as they're the ones I'm most familiar with.

That's the thing, I tried to use only talent that AEW would have ready access to.  I wanted to include Sting in at least one match, but seeing as he is under some sort of WWE contract and would likely demand a king's ransom for payment eliminated him. 

Hangman vs AJ Styles

Seth Rollins vs Kenny Omega

Jon Moxley vs Roman Reigns

MJF vs Jeff Hardy

Just for the sheer comedic value I'd of liked to have seen the Young Bucks go up against the Steiners or APA in their prime.

Archived