• 1 month later...
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, hopefully they show us more tomorrow on the next 2.Show. I hope they have moved away from the initial design. Especially with how much they are putting into this apparently.

13 minutes ago, Fight Me. said:

Yeah, hopefully they show us more tomorrow on the next 2.Show. I hope they have moved away from the initial design. Especially with how much they are putting into this apparently.

facts. i was willing to give the funky art style a chance but i would much rather they go more true to life honestly.

I mean obviously its still an alpha and so there's little things here and there i'm worried about that will likely be dealt with by launch, but I won't lie it looks pretty good. Far less cartoonish then that pre-rendered teaser from the announcement, while still retaining an obvious art style.

the main thing I am worried about is the lack of transition animations in terms of certain pieces of movement. Its most obvious when Allin starts to move to get back in the ring, it just kinda snaps into movement in  a very awkward way so hopefully thats something slated for full release.

Judging from it the camera angle may be aimed towards the entrance ramp which is a kinda nice way to set it apart from the WWE series.

That’s probably because it’s more arcade like maybe? I could be wrong. But I think simulation style sports games or wrestling games movements like finishing a move outside and then getting back in the ring usually flows more simultaneously as an animation. Some exceptions of course I think Here Comes The Pain and even SVR 2006/slightly No Mercy were the spot of being arcade style yet simulation style systems in the game. Again, I could be wrong. I just know how you feel about the style of the gameplay as far as animations go personally so I’m wondering about the lack of transition animations. 

Uh, seeing the first gameplay on this show was a surprise.

So far looking good, very early of course but still a good base seems to have been built.
A bit sad they have toned down the cartoon style a bit, i liked the style of the trailer...but this kind of mix works too.

We will see, but so far it looks nice.
And the funny thing is that we now even have more actual gameplay footage than wwe2k22.XD

Is it time now for the AEW game getting its own section?

Probably just the basic match types but I'm sure some will be fun with lots of crazy things to do in matches such as Fall Count Anywhere and Ladder Matches.

Maybe we'll get their Double or Nothing battle royal. I'm not expecting the Stadium Stampede but still, I have faith there will be plenty of match types

I dont think stadium stampede will be in, but most other match types i do think will be.
They have the foundation for most types already, i doubt they would throw that out.

I just hope that if they have TLC or so, it will have proper physics to play around with.
Would love to see the Bump and spots scene return with this game.

36 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

I dont think stadium stampede will be in, but most other match types i do think will be.
They have the foundation for most types already, i doubt they would throw that out.

I just hope that if they have TLC or so, it will have proper physics to play around with.
Would love to see the Bump and spots scene return with this game.

Well I know they have the basic match times I don't think TLC will be in cuz that's a pretty much a WWE creation and I could see that being a lawsuit but I'm talking about signature matches like no standing in stampede no blood and guts like WWE has hell in a cell TNA game had ultimate x a w doesn't really have a unique gimmick match to use in the game

I'm really curious to see the bigger guys now like Archer, Brian Cage, Powerhouse Hobbs, Evil Uno, Dustin Rhodes, Eddie Kingston, Warlow, Nick Coromoto, Paul Wight and Mark Henry. Even seeing Nyla Rose standing next to Shida!

The game's roster has a lot of potential because AEW has a mix of big indie and former wwe names as well as legends. That also means a variety type of moves because of different wrestling styles.

Who would've thought we'd be having the option to do Kenny Omega vs Sting or Chris Jericho vs Fenix or Christian and Matt Hardy vs Young Bucks or Brian Cage vs Miro or Lance Archer vs Paul Wight by using all in-game characters? Old school wrestling vs wwe known vs crazy indie moves!

• 3 weeks later...
  • PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion