AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

The Stadium Stampede mode is fun. I played it three times. First time I placed 3rd...after that, 8th and 5th. It's not too difficult to get to the end. But the mode really needs some incentive to play. There need to be attire parts, or even unlockable characters. There is no real draw to put a bunch of time into it. Obviously, just having fun is nice...which is the only reason to play right now. Again...it is pretty fun.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

It's great that some of the DLC is trickling out...but, the game is dead. It really needed significant additions to the create modes by now. There's still too much missing that there is no excuse for. The DLC was priced too high from the start, and the rollout has taken forever. Stadium Stampede was a nice addition...but that can't change the inevitable death either. Everything is really banking on some create mode support.

I realize that we're never going to get actual morphing or anything like that...but some very basic things like proper masks, more hair and facial hair options, the ability to change the colors of more items, better facepaint, being able to edit the actual in-game wrestlers attires or even use their parts to create new people...all stuff that absolutely should be patched in.

Edited by Generations

Danhausen and Hook are a lot of fun to play...but thats it.
Im currently finishing my last Road to Elite run and then im sadly done with the game.

There is just absolutely nothing to do anymore.
I squeezed everything out of this game i could.
And just 1-2 matches every few days are simply not enough for me to keep playing, as fun as the Gameplay is.

Its super sad, this game could have run so long on hype and updates...it could have easily run 4-5 years with constant content updates.
But the reality is that it cant even hold on 1 year, and that is super sad.

Because like i always say, there is not much wrong with the game.
It plays well, feels good and works nicely.
It has a good foundation that has potential.
The game just mainly lacks content...and that sucks.

Like, i could deal with it if it would just be a bad game that dies fast.
But its not bad, its fun and i enjoy playing it.
Its just that there is not much to play in there for long.

Edited by Mani-Man

• 2 weeks later...

Found on reddit

"

Fightful Update on AEW Fight Forever

"Work isn’t done on AEW Fight Forever just yet.

AEW Fight Forever released this year with moderate fanfare, decent reviews, and some sales success. There have been questions from our audience about the future of the game, as once upon a time it was planned to be a single release with constant updates, with AEW stepping off the gas pedal a bit on that claim as the release date neared.

Those that we’ve spoken to said that the game hasn’t been much of a topic of conversation after the first month or so, but here was a heavy internal push to promote the game, especially at talent meetings immediately following the release. However, it doesn’t appear that work is done on the game.

Fightful was told that over the last few weeks, there have been scans done from new talent with plans to add them to the game."

--‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

22 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Found on reddit

Fightful was told that over the last few weeks, there have been scans done from new talent with plans to add them to the game."

--‐---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That shit better be for free...because they *censored*ing owe us that much. I'm not gonna pay a goddamn dime for the Acclaimed or someone who should have already been in this dead-ass game.

Edited by Generations

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw something about them discontinuing the mobile GM game, and the wording made it sound like another GM game (or mode?) will be replacing it. Maybe that will help resurrect this game, but it needs a lot of work. Based on what people have done with mods, significantly raising character health (and hence, making matches longer) would go a long way. Feels like a pipe dream at this point, though. As much as I prefer AEW to WWE, WWE's 2K23 smokes Fight Forever. 

Found on reddit:

The only new content coming with s2 by scanning all existing data tables, blueprints, strings etc only hint towards the following for any base changes made to the game:

S2 p1: Dynamite ft Acclaimed

S2 p2: Beat the Elite! (no wrestler in title)

S2 p3: The STORM is Coming! (no second wrestler implied)

S2 p4: String data empty for now.

Beat the Elite is a 10 match ladder mode that ends with a member of the Elite. The data table in for the mode shows the ability that minigames may spawn in between matches you have to win, as well.

The only other proof of anything more coming match type related is a stray string for Cage Match but no other data points to this so far. May be reserved for Season 3.

As for CAW, there have been no changes to any of the Blueprints beyond the ability to change the wrestler textures which we've just received.

There will be no "overhaul" coming as lots of residual data would be reflecting that by now. No sliders or anything like that have begun production.

This is pretty much all the important info I could scrape by combing through data for 3 hours.

Whether you think this is acceptable season 2 or not is up to you.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Senex Beast said:

No Mercy 64 route seemed great on paper when the game was announced but maybe they should have just done a proper game. Not Sim but perhaps not this arcade. 

The gameplay is fine. Actually, the gameplay is good. My friends and I loved the gameplay and we enjoyed it for a number of weeks both in-person and in our online league. So, yeah...the core gameplay is really not a problem. The problem was the lacking roster, garbage create mode, and sheer greed that plagued the DLC.

People tried to hold out for some shred of hope. We all said "there's gonna be an update that fixes A, B, and C." - We all thought there would be some good-faith DLC that would be released for free and add some of the characters that should have been in the game to begin with. Nobody expected to be paying $12 for a single character in a game that never saw any 'quality of life' or good-faith updates.

Everything they did was an example of how not to treat a fanbase.

Edited by Generations

The gameplay definitely sines in couch co-op, having friends to come over and play. In that regards it reminded me of when I was younger when I had my friends come over and play HCTP, or some SVR 06, 07, and even re played 2K14. Maybe if you can find anyone playing online you could run into a good player who doesn't spam or abuse certain moves and tricks in the game too. I found playing against the AI pretty boring since matches end quickly and they aren't really hard once I learned how to play. Everything else though sucks, the lack of content, lack of match types,  CAW being bare bones as it is, I even find the roster to be lack luster honestly and this even isn't counting the horrible price DLC which even if it wasn't still isn't very good imo. 

Edited by crazyjk4