Jump to content

AEW Fight Forever Discussion


Guest Fight Me.
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Ehh, the more this game disappoints me and 2K can't seem to stop catering to the fighting game crowd, the more I hope Virtual Basement doesn't *Censored* up the wrestling code; and even then i've had my share of criticisms towards them so far.

every time i hear these wrestling game devs say “oh we’re catering to both types of fans” i just roll my eyes now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MattOriginal said:

what are you guys talking about, they said no community creations. they've talked extensively about there being a CAW mode?

Where exactly? I’ve heard Bryan Williams give the spiel about how he knows the importance of a creation suite and informed the team about how important CAW is to the community that plays these games, but they’re avoiding outright confirming it anywhere I’ve seen. If anything CAW mode was where I expected this game to really shine, considering Yuke’s has had what…2 decades or so of iterations of the feature? We’ll see though. Don’t expect much. I expect it to be as barebones as the TNA Impact Create A Wrestler. I wanna be wrong. I’m hoping by “edit attires and appearances” they mean something along of the lines of the last Legends of Wrestling game but I dunno.

Edited by A N T I -
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the people shitting on this game because it resembles No Mercy have no idea how good of a simulation that game actually was. It gave the player everything that wrestling was back in the day from Japan to Mexico to the American style. You can't do mixed/hybrid style fighting or MMA style movesets in the modern 2K games like you could in the AKI engine. No Mercy has animations and positions that 2K doesn't even have making it better suited to simulate matches. Different fighting stances. In NM depending on where you hit your opponent they will fall to the ground and grab their stomach, their head, their leg etc. In the 2K games they all just fall back like a sack of potatoes regardless of where you hit them, they all sell the attacks the exact same way. NM had less button mashing that 2k games have now. Don't confuse antiquated graphics with a game not being simulation. No Mercy wasn't an "arcade" style game at all, I don't know where people get that from? If this game plays like NM did then it will be a way better simulation of actual wrestling than 2K offers. I do agree though, the graphics look like PS3/XB360 era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

All the people shitting on this game because it resembles No Mercy have no idea how good of a simulation that game actually was. It gave the player everything that wrestling was back in the day from Japan to Mexico to the American style. You can't do mixed/hybrid style fighting or MMA style movesets in the modern 2K games like you could in the AKI engine. No Mercy has animations and positions that 2K doesn't even have making it better suited to simulate matches. Different fighting stances. In NM depending on where you hit your opponent they will fall to the ground and grab their stomach, their head, their leg etc. In the 2K games they all just fall back like a sack of potatoes regardless of where you hit them, they all sell the attacks the exact same way. NM had less button mashing that 2k games have now. Don't confuse antiquated graphics with a game not being simulation. No Mercy wasn't an "arcade" style game at all, I don't know where people get that from? If this game plays like NM did then it will be a way better simulation of actual wrestling than 2K offers. I do agree though, the graphics look like PS3/XB360 era.

Well put 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It has the same negatives 2K22 does, lock up to do grapples, awkward body blocking, fast paced, feels like a fighting game, except it looks like it was made in 2002 for the N64, what am i missing? Also theres no entrances, and i heard no creations sharing, what makes this superior to 2K22?  I mean people ripped 2K22 apart for locking up to grapples and those body blocks and the fighting game feel of it, but a game with cartoony graphics and less features gets praised for it?

Honestly to me it feels like it has all the negatives of 2K22 but doesn't have as good graphics nor does it have as many features.

To me 2K22 looks like the better game and more in line of actual wrestling than this game does. I can play a match on 2K22 and make it resemble a real match, but the matches on this so far seem way too arcadey to resemble a real match.

I do like the crowd audio and loved the authentic leg slapping sound on Cole's Last Shot, and some of the moves look good, but other than that i'm not liking what i'm seeing, and i got a feeling its gonna be as bare bones as the TNA game was in terms of creation, which is making the $60 price tag even more ridiculous, from everything i've seen this should $40 tops.

Edited by J-man89
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, A N T I - said:

Where exactly? I’ve heard Bryan Williams give the spiel about how he knows the importance of a creation suite and informed the team about how important CAW is to the community that plays these games, but they’re avoiding outright confirming it anywhere I’ve seen. If anything CAW mode was where I expected this game to really shine, considering Yuke’s has had what…2 decades or so of iterations of the feature? We’ll see though. Don’t expect much. I expect it to be as barebones as the TNA Impact Create A Wrestler. I wanna be wrong. I’m hoping by “edit attires and appearances” they mean something along of the lines of the last Legends of Wrestling game but I dunno.

watch the stream they did yesterday? They literally say that the story mode is you taking your created wrestler into AEW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

All the people shitting on this game because it resembles No Mercy have no idea how good of a simulation that game actually was. It gave the player everything that wrestling was back in the day from Japan to Mexico to the American style. You can't do mixed/hybrid style fighting or MMA style movesets in the modern 2K games like you could in the AKI engine. No Mercy has animations and positions that 2K doesn't even have making it better suited to simulate matches. Different fighting stances. In NM depending on where you hit your opponent they will fall to the ground and grab their stomach, their head, their leg etc. In the 2K games they all just fall back like a sack of potatoes regardless of where you hit them, they all sell the attacks the exact same way. NM had less button mashing that 2k games have now. Don't confuse antiquated graphics with a game not being simulation. No Mercy wasn't an "arcade" style game at all, I don't know where people get that from? If this game plays like NM did then it will be a way better simulation of actual wrestling than 2K offers. I do agree though, the graphics look like PS3/XB360 era.

At the end i think you can make a simulation like match out of every wrestling game if you try hard enough.
Even 2k22 with its god awful combo bullshit and stuff, you can make a kind of realistic looking match.
It still has those dumb stances and all the crap, but its possible.

But i agree in general, No Mercy had a lot more to offer than people think...even in this day and age.
I dont expect this game to match all the little details No Mercy had, but from what i see...it has a lot of its spirit in there.

Everything that actually makes me enjoy playing a wrestling game, is a plus for me.
Because currently, 2k does nothing for me on that...its a boring slough going through a match.
And on that...its nicer looking game mean shit in the end.
Nothing about the graphics are in any way a benefit for what im looking for in a wrestling game.
Just like the still great looking TNA Impact game, couldnt save itself with its visuals alone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, J-man89 said:

It has the same negatives 2K22 does, lock up to do grapples, awkward body blocking, fast paced, feels like a fighting game, except it looks like it was made in 2002 for the N64, what am i missing? Also theres no entrances, and i heard no creations sharing, what makes this superior to 2K22?  I mean people ripped 2K22 apart for locking up to grapples and those body blocks and the fighting game feel of it, but a game with cartoony graphics and less features gets praised for it?

Honestly to me it feels like it has all the negatives of 2K22 but doesn't have as good graphics nor does it have as many features.

To me 2K22 looks like the better game and more in line of actual wrestling than this game does. I can play a match on 2K22 and make it resemble a real match, but the matches on this so far seem way too arcadey to resemble a real match.

I do like the crowd audio and loved the authentic leg slapping sound on Cole's Last Shot, and some of the moves look good, but other than that i'm not liking what i'm seeing, and i got a feeling its gonna be as bare bones as the TNA game was in terms of creation, which is making the $60 price tag even more ridiculous, from everything i've seen this should $40 tops.

the thing is, at least for me, these games aren’t comparable. i’m harsher on 2K for having these elements because they said that they’re trying to simulate, and everything outside of the weird fighting game quirks and grapples is relatively faithful to that goal. this AEW game is clearly NOT trying to simulate (at least not in the same way) so you have to judge these aspects from that perspective. once you make peace with the fact that it’s intentionally more arcadey and retro then it’s easier to digest.

if it really does play like No Mercy then i’m excited and will buy it, i just hope it corners the market on “we’re looking for mix of arcade/sim” wrestling games so 2K can separate themselves and make their game as true-to-life as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, J-man89 said:

It has the same negatives 2K22 does, lock up to do grapples, awkward body blocking, fast paced, feels like a fighting game, except it looks like it was made in 2002 for the N64, what am i missing? Also theres no entrances, and i heard no creations sharing, what makes this superior to 2K22?  I mean people ripped 2K22 apart for locking up to grapples and those body blocks and the fighting game feel of it, but a game with cartoony graphics and less features gets praised for it?

Honestly to me it feels like it has all the negatives of 2K22 but doesn't have as good graphics nor does it have as many features.

To me 2K22 looks like the better game and more in line of actual wrestling than this game does. I can play a match on 2K22 and make it resemble a real match, but the matches on this so far seem way too arcadey to resemble a real match.

I do like the crowd audio and loved the authentic leg slapping sound on Cole's Last Shot, and some of the moves look good, but other than that i'm not liking what i'm seeing, and i got a feeling its gonna be as bare bones as the TNA game was in terms of creation, which is making the $60 price tag even more ridiculous, from everything i've seen this should $40 tops.

just the 1 match i've seen of AEW FIght forever i can tell its more of a simulation than 2k22. I have no issue with the lockups here because they are trying to replicate No Mercy....and be a retro N64 style wrestling game.  Its a new game that doesn't have history.

where as 2k took maybe the best wrestling simulation game we've ever seen in 2k19, and took away all of the things that make it play like a wrestling game. Turned it into casual fighting game BS. I've played plenty of it and at least with default settings, there is no way to have a match that resembles real wrestling in that game. 

the match pacing, momentum, multiple finishers/signatures, actual selling (the opponent stays down), the non-reversal fest gameplay.....all screams No Mercy and sim wrestling to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do think you can give FF much more leash than WWE2k because they stay true to what they said the game they aim for.
2k/VC claimed WWE2k22 is the most authentic WWE game...but throw in beat em up combos and stuff? That is the difference.

AEW FF was always meant to be in spirit like the old AKI games from top to bottom.
Not any kind of competition, just a fun wrestling game to play...nothing more or less.

And like i always say, if the graphics are that importan...go and be happy with 2k22, if that is what one seeks in a wrestling game...its right there.
If it needs to look great over everything else, there is an option for people who want that.

And isnt that in the end the positive? That we have for now the choice.
We actually can choose between wrestling games, or we can enjoy all of them for their own reasons.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

Streets is saying FTR got removed from the game.

Maybe DLC?
Considering the game uses on motion capture allegedly, i could see it taking some time animating their moves and all, maybe they didnt made the cut because of that?
Either way a very strange story at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heard this won best sports/racing game at Gamescom.

Not sure that this really means much (which other games were showcased in this genre/at this event?...did it just win by default?)

But I guess it does give me more hope that it might be a fun game when the dust has settled. 

Edited by Generations
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So here are 3 full cpu vs CPU matches from the tokyo game Show.

Some of the transitions are wonky, some moves are too fast...but damn Do i love what i See there. 

Im loving how much this feels like the gamecube games. 

Also i love the irish whip to the outside Animation and the tiny detail of the barricade moving. 

It is about time they give me a Release date for this game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...