AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

4 hours ago, Generations said:

Honestly, I think people are being way too casual about how many longterm AEW performers are just not in the game on release. - If it was a WWE game, there would be an endless shitstorm about it. I mean...we're not even talking about people who were recently signed. There are people who have been around almost from the beginning and are not present. It's a pretty sad roster, especially when you consider how long the development has been.

Has the full roster been released? Or are you basing this solely on what we’ve seen? Because loads of sites say “Roster SO FAR…”

Edited by Oscar22

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've seen images of the roster select screen, and you can see the size of the scroll bar, relative to the area already scrolled. Based on that, you can see about a third of the entire roster on the single screenshot. Also, I'm pretty sure that the full roster has been revealed already, aside from possibly having some unlockable that they want to keep secret in the story mode or something. Who knows. Either way, DLC doesn't count. That's an added price.

11 hours ago, Generations said:

Well, I've seen images of the roster select screen, and you can see the size of the scroll bar, relative to the area already scrolled. Based on that, you can see about a third of the entire roster on the single screenshot. Also, I'm pretty sure that the full roster has been revealed already, aside from possibly having some unlockable that they want to keep secret in the story mode or something. Who knows. Either way, DLC doesn't count. That's an added price.

Literally the other day IGN posted their final preview of the game and the clips in that alone added another 8-10 confirmed names. 

I totally get that some people just want to have a bit of a downer on this game but at least wait till the roster IS officially revealed first rather that noting things like the size of a scroll bar, you can’t tell from that alone because you don’t know how the thing scrolls. 

If obvious people are missing when they actually release this thing then fine, call people casual in ignoring it, but at least wait to see what’s confirmed before making the criticism. 

10 hours ago, Oscar22 said:

I totally get that some people just want to have a bit of a downer on this game but at least wait till the roster IS officially revealed first rather that noting things like the size of a scroll bar, you can’t tell from that alone because you don’t know how the thing scrolls. 

Brother...you can absolutely tell the size of a list by the size of the scroll bar.

Look to the right side of this page and note how large the scroll bar is. Scroll it to the top of the bar and to the bottom of the page. Take note of where it stops. As the page gains more posts, the size of the bar gets smaller in relation to the page. When the page has fewer posts, the bar itself is larger. - Since the bar on the AEW roster page is about a third of the size of the scroll area...you can VERY easily tell that there is about a third of the roster shown in that image. It's not some unproven theory. Like...that is literally how scroll bars work. 

Edited by Generations

12 minutes ago, Generations said:

Brother...you can absolutely tell the size of a list by the size of the scroll bar.

Look to the right side of this page and note how large the scroll bar is. Scroll it to the top of the bar and to the bottom of the page. Take note of where it stops. As the page gains more posts, the size of the bar gets smaller in relation to the page. When the page has fewer posts, the bar itself is larger. - Since the bar on the AEW roster page is about a third of the size of the scroll area...you can VERY easily tell that there is about a third of the roster shown in that image. It's not some unproven theory. Like...that is literally how scroll bars work. 

Thanks for explaining scroll bars for me. 

Point still stands, let the roster be fully revealed, if loads are missing then whinge, until it’s revealed, stop using the size of a scroll bar to criticise something you do t actually have any kind of worthwhile fact to back up. You don’t know the full roster, none of us do. 

Whatever. You literally said "you don't know how the thing scrolls". So, it seemed fitting to explain that all scroll bars work exactly the same way. - Anyway, it's awfully presumptuous to think that I want to be a "downer" on this game just for the hell of it. (I'm merely calling it like I see it).

Even if there are more names that have not been revealed (in theory)...that doesn't change the hypocrisy of people who would be trashing the WWE games at this point if the roster appeared to be as bare-bones as this one does. - There is a definite double-standard here, and that's really all I have to say about the situation. 

Believe it or not, I want the game to be fun, and I want to be pleasantly surprised by more names on the roster.

I'm a wrestling fan and a gamer, not a fanboy. - I have played (and enjoyed) basically every wrestling game that has been put out...even the REALLY questionable ones. - I played the TNA game, I played the AAA game...the Chikara one, Fire Pro, Wrestling Empire, Wrestling Revolution, even Boxy Pro Wrestling. A wide range of good, bad, and everything in between. So...needless to say, I think I will enjoy this game just fine no matter what. (So, I'm clearly not the target you seem to think I am)...if it's a wrestling game, I will buy it and I will enjoy it. - Maybe for 5 hours, maybe for 50 hours, maybe for 500 hours. But...I will enjoy it for as long as it's worth enjoying.

Edited by Generations

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Has there been any insight to the creation suite available in the game? Any screenshots or gameplay?

All I personally saw were some props that could be purchased for arena creation.

Including weird stuff like farm animals. Lol

Edited by Generations

3 hours ago, Generations said:

Whatever. You literally said "you don't know how the thing scrolls". So, it seemed fitting to explain that all scroll bars work exactly the same way. - Anyway, it's awfully presumptuous to think that I want to be a "downer" on this game just for the hell of it. (I'm merely calling it like I see it).

Even if there are more names that have not been revealed (in theory)...that doesn't change the hypocrisy of people who would be trashing the WWE games at this point if the roster appeared to be as bare-bones as this one does. - There is a definite double-standard here, and that's really all I have to say about the situation. 

Believe it or not, I want the game to be fun, and I want to be pleasantly surprised by more names on the roster.

I'm a wrestling fan and a gamer, not a fanboy. - I have played (and enjoyed) basically every wrestling game that has been put out...even the REALLY questionable ones. - I played the TNA game, I played the AAA game...the Chikara one, Fire Pro, Wrestling Empire, Wrestling Revolution, even Boxy Pro Wrestling. A wide range of good, bad, and everything in between. So...needless to say, I think I will enjoy this game just fine no matter what. (So, I'm clearly not the target you seem to think I am)...if it's a wrestling game, I will buy it and I will enjoy it. - Maybe for 5 hours, maybe for 50 hours, maybe for 500 hours. But...I will enjoy it for as long as it's worth enjoying.

Dude, you literally don’t know how they’ve programmed a scroll bar, yes they all work in similar ways but you’re telling people they’re being ok with a roster that’s missing guys without even knowing who’s on the roster. It’s ridiculous. All because of the look of a scroll bar. A theory about a roster you don’t know 100% of.  All I’ve said is, wait and see, then judge it. I’m not treating you as ‘a target’ 😄 you’re a faceless guy on the internet. 

Anyway, the rest of the post wasn’t required, you’re on a wrestling game forum where we all play tons of games. Personally I’m happy because with the gameplay we’ve seen it looks like the ‘spiritual successor to no mercy’ tag might not actually be as far fetched as it originally seemed. 

Anyway, like you say, you’ll buy it, so will I. Let’s hope Yukes and co have done a job that makes us both happy with the end product 👍

If we can't directly edit attires, it would be nice to have the wrestler's parts included in the create mode like those old games used to do. - I remember you could always choose the faces of the in-game stars...and there were even some hidden faces of real-life people who you could make and add on your own. - I always enjoyed that. Being unable to edit the wrestlers would be fine if you could just quickly build a second copy of them and add it as an alt.

Edited by Generations

12 hours ago, Kman said:

Has there been any insight to the creation suite available in the game? Any screenshots or gameplay?

Not really sadly.
We saw one created goofy caw and the ingame shop with items for it.
So far no In-Mode material.

9 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

I actually think Owen Hart looks pretty cool in this game. It's more of his early look but he looks awesome, definitely going to main him.

The Model looks neat yeah.
Cool to see him in the game.
Not a huge fan of his earlier look so i hope we get a second attire for him...but incredible cool to see him in a game again.

8 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Hopefully we can edit in-game models like in 2K, I doubt it but hopefully so we can give Owen a pink singlet.

Hard to say, currently there float around some screenshots of the ingame shop and it seems there you can at least buy new attires/Models for some.
There they had more modern Young Bucks Models.
So at the very least i think additional attires could be a thing.
Of course editing in-game models would be super cool, but i wouldnt hold my breath for it.

6 hours ago, glennsoe said:

Why is this  section "hidden" far from the other upcoming wrestling games sections?

Wouldn't say it's "hidden"...the new games are usually not added to the wrestling games section until they are actually out. - With the WWE games, people usually talk about the upcoming one in the section for the older one...and then the new one gets a section when it releases. But, since this is an AEW game, there is no "old" AEW game section to use. A topic was made in the general video game section and that's just where things have stayed. - With how slow and outdated this forum is (almost to the point of ceasing to function)...I wouldn't expect a proper Fight Forever section until the week of release. (Maybe even the week after).

Hell...I still think it's ridiculous that the IMPACT section is higher on the list than the AEW section, and there isn't an NJPW section at all under the wrestling area. - Considering IMPACT the second most important company under WWE, and lumping NJPW in with "Indies" is hilariously off point. - If I was organizing that area, it would be WWE, NJPW, AEW, 'Other Promotions'...and I would eliminate the IMPACT section entirely and move that to 'Other' section. - Case in point...nothing about this forum makes sense. Lol.

Edited by Generations

30 minutes ago, maskedmaniac said:

Apologize if this isn't allowed. At the 8:25 mark he talks about this forum. Apparently were gonna be busy here making CAW formulas like in the old days.

Lol...it could happen. 

Would be hilarious if this game with it's outdated creation mode served as a revival for CAWS.ws lmao.

20 hours ago, Austin3035 said:

who dumb idea was to add mini games to a wrestling game  maybe better use of the space would be full entrances for wrestlers

I swear, people gotta stop with the "should have used that space for something else" comments every time a game doesn't have something they want, or has something extra that they didn't ask for. - Obviously, when the size of the game is only 25gb in size, they didn't run out of space. - It was a development choice to do things the way they did them...for one reason or another.

Edited by Generations

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion