AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

The graphics don't look nearly as bad as people say they do. They lighting is great, it's grungy looking and not as polished as WWE's games. I'm hoping the gameplay is solid an they keep supporting the game for many years like Firepro and not go the yearly release route.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So they had a Live Stream yesterday with quite a lot of footage...actual Gameplay footage not overly cut together.
Full Matches and stuff.

And again, i look at this gameplay and its just fun, i want to play it myself.
That is my most important thing...that i have fun playing.

It is what the WWE2k series is lacking.
I dont want to play matches, watch matches...because it all feels so sterile and boring.

Maybe that is due to the fact we have the same gameplay style etc since what? WWE12?
After so many years even the combo feature doesnt help make the gameplay more exciting.
Its why i play recently a lot of old Wrestling games, especially Gamecube or still go back to Fire Pro.

Like i only do caws in the WWE series, i have no interest in playing.
Its pretty much dressing up models, that is all i do because the rest of the game is just not fun.

But this game just looks like i will have fun with it, will play it a ton because its fun to play.

On 5/25/2023 at 5:26 AM, Mani-Man said:

And again, i look at this gameplay and its just fun, i want to play it myself.
That is my most important thing...that i have fun playing.

It is what the WWE2k series is lacking.
I dont want to play matches, watch matches...because it all feels so sterile and boring.

Man...I don't know what you're seeing that I'm not...but the gameplay doesn't look THAT different from 2k to me...it just looks more rigid and robotic, and less polished overall. - I still see the basic pattern of walk around, circle the opponent, strike, wait for opponent to get up, circle opponent, strike, pick opponent up, strike, irish whip, etc. - What exactly are you seeing gameplay wise that is "what 2k is lacking"? If anything, seeing proper gameplay has made me even more wary of the game.

Aside from the novelty of intergender matches and things like barbed wire, this game is missing every note for me. - I'll still get it. But, nah...I'm definitely not having any sort of "ah...this is what we were missing" type moments.

Edited by Generations

Yeah I'm not really seeing what makes this gameplay any different from what was in past 2K games or just past games in general. In fact it seems like some animations are from 2K games, and there's still grappling locks up which I know people hated yet I don't see anyone complaining over it in this game. I will say that I do like having more weapon options, blood on and dripping on the mat even though I think the blood amount is a bit excessive and doesn't match the blood on the body or face, and I like having more signature and finishers slots and am hoping it's something 2K could into adding.

Edited by crazyjk4

I've got zero investment in this but I do want it to one day be a worthy competitor in the genre. Light some fires under some asses. I will say some of those animations, like Jungle Boy's Rolling Hip Toss into Seated Superkick, were looking pretty nice, ngl

Wrestling games are all the same more or less. The main difference lies in their execution and how they control. 2K lacks controls that feel rewarding or make sense (the guessing elements of the combo and reversal system are pure ass). If this game can go back to the basics of timing-based gameplay from the AKI series, Smackdown series, and Firepro then the gameplay will already by more fun and rewarding than the frustrating game-play mechanics found in 2k.

3 hours ago, maskedmaniac said:

Wrestling games are all the same more or less. The main difference lies in their execution and how they control. 2K lacks controls that feel rewarding or make sense (the guessing elements of the combo and reversal system are pure ass). If this game can go back to the basics of timing-based gameplay from the AKI series, Smackdown series, and Firepro then the gameplay will already by more fun and rewarding than the frustrating game-play mechanics found in 2k.

It is a bit like with Football games, NBA etc...its about the details.
Like you said, it is about making the gameplay feel rewarding and all.

And i feel that is where the 2k games just lack to me.
Mainly that is a flavor thing, some like gameplay aspects and some dont.

Its again why i love that this game goes a different route, because it gives wrestling fans that want a game to feel different than the 2k games, the option.

And that is the best to me because i can sit here and play different wrestling games who focus on giving me different wrestling games experience instead of there just being one.
If i dont like something on this game, i go to a different for a different experience.

In the end, personally...i win in this either way.

Some cool clips online showing the chain wrestling sequences, they’re much longer than I expected - arm wringers, reversed, head lock takeovers, using the legs to escape, side headlock, pushed against the ropes and whipped away, drop down into a strike…. Honestly it’s great they are using this kinda stuff to make it FEEL like wrestling. That’s what I like about it and that’s why I’m excited for it. It gets said a lot but it does look and feel like an updated no mercy. 

Interesting to note as well that ‘chop battle’ is listed as assigned to the right stick, that’s cool and a big part of wrestling these days. I’ve been surprised for a while that 2k and other wrestling games haven’t let us get into strike battles, especially when tired. I know Fire pro has this in a way, but I’ve always thought a timed button press mini game strike/chop battle, especially when tired would be great - you could have the crowd cheer/boo each strike depending on crowd affiliation. 

I get why people aren’t sure about this game, but just for me personally, I really like the little touches they’ve put in. It feels like a wrestling game made by wrestling fans. Not a fighting game with WWE skins, sidestepping around the ring, holding up your hands in a weird fighting stance and trying to hit combos and using blocks unrealistically. 

Whichever game you like, this hopefully benefits every one of us as competition is usually a good thing. 

A few new small things been released, loving the chain wrestling etc stuff.

Miro gets a really great Model while Eddie Kingston...well its not Booker T wwe12 levels of bad or Dana Brook/Lita...but its bad.
And i dont get it.
They all got scanned and stuff, how can there be such a difference in Models?
Even wwe2k23 has this problem where some models look incredible and some not...why?

New Videos of the Bucks and an updated Eddie Kingston.
Seems the version that was at this Content Creator event was rather old.

Even the TNT Title looks far better now.

The Models on a basic level look really really good.
Part of me is curious how this would look with a more realistic style...but i still love the visuals of Fight Forever as they are.

The Springboard Canadian Destroyer looks a bit too fast but the animation is really neat.
In General i like a lot of the hand animated moves, something about them even if a bit clunky etc feel better than Mocap for some reason.
Anyway, still good footage and im so hyped.

Honestly, the number of people marking for mundane features is kind of hilarious. - Actually saw someone excited that you could walk up the ramp...another person get excited about a table being lit on fire. Like...these are literally already things. - I will give credit for certain things in this game, but I really am seeing some intriguing human behavior. Lol.

Edited by Generations

Road to the Elite will branch out whether we win or lose.

Sweet. I've already preordered on the XBSX, yes the graphics aren't amazing, but from the gameplay vids I've seen recently? Looks like I'll be having a lot of fun with it.

I hope we get proper Weapons Physics.
Because as cool as those 40 or so weapons are, if i cant interact with them...it sucks.
The Table physics arent super good, tables fall easily and stuff...that needs fixing.

The Material we saw the last few days seem to be of an early build, so its possible that a lot of the stuff is flowing even better than right now.

Either way, i still feel like that the one thing holding this game back, will be the lack of Image Uploading and Community Creations.
And i dont get why there is not a bigger focus on this.
Like even the last one should be aware of how incredible important the Creation Suite is for the WWE games.
Many only buy the yearly WWE games because of it...so its weird not to put a lot of focus on this aspect.
I feel like this will be one of the problems this game will face in terms of Longevity...that and a possible bad DLC Policy.

But outside of this, we are looking at a game that can be a lot of fun and work as a great base for Future AEW games.

Honestly, I think people are being way too casual about how many longterm AEW performers are just not in the game on release. - If it was a WWE game, there would be an endless shitstorm about it. I mean...we're not even talking about people who were recently signed. There are people who have been around almost from the beginning and are not present. It's a pretty sad roster, especially when you consider how long the development has been.

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion