AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

They are frustrating the hell out of me.
Like everybody was waiting for a Release date announcement or so...and all we got is short gameplay that tells us nothing really new.

Dont get me wrong, i liked the footage.
Them recreating moments from the match and all, is a neat idea...but it was the wrong time for such a clip.
We need more, we need more facts and a release date...we need to see more than yet again cut together Gameplay.

On the other hand, i still love what im seeing.
Visual the game is so weird because Danielson looked really really good during the Entrance, but then the game looks so comicy at the same time ingame.
But im liking the style, im liking the animations and the gameplay.

Marketing seems like a Weak point for wrestling games in general.
I always thought its just 2k, but seems its not just 2k that is bad at marketing Wrestling games.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/18/2023 at 5:20 AM, Generations said:

Blood in the new Danielson/Hangman footage looks AWFUL. Basically just all over the torso, not much on the face...looks sporadically slapped on with no intention. Also doesn't appear to show on the mat anymore (even though they showed that in earlier footage)...which means it was possibly cut for the T rating (?). Either way...just not looking great in that regard. 

I noticed the blood too. It sucks since it does not feel natural. The blood visuals in wrestling videogame that I like is from WrestleMania 21 for the original Xbox. Unfortunately that game sucks.

I read somewhere that Kenny Omega mentioned that they changed things to get the T rating like the blood on the mat looking like a murder scene. It bums me that they removed that, I wish they retained it but they made it small drops of blood like how it is in Fight Night Champion or UFC games.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/6/2023 at 2:52 AM, Austin3035 said:

so amazon has p reorder  up for dec 31 2023

This never means anything. It's a placeholder date that just means 2023 in general. They do it for every single game before they have any actual date to list.

Edited by Generations

9 hours ago, CROSS-Out said:

Wait, did it just get released? I'm so confused... about the game, too, but in general really.

I think it's a pre-install, but the game still doesn't have a date, and people don't actually know why it can be pre-installed or what it even means. - I'm not gonna bother unless I hear more about what it even means. (Weird that it says "game sold separately" when people do that pre-install).

Also, I could be wrong...but I think people are pre-installing it by finding it on the Xbox phone app and then selecting "install on console" or something weird. So, it's likely just something that isn't meant to be accessible yet. 

*Update - Yeah...I just checked on my Series X, and it says "currently not available". - I think the big takeaway from this, is that people think the game might be on Game Pass day one, since it shows up as free on the app? Not sure. Either way...means nothing to me until something actually happens.

Part of me honestly wonders if it's a marketing ploy, so AEW can say that so many people pre-installed the game before release. Any time you can maybe get a game for free, everyone runs to do it...but, we could very well be looking at a situation where the release day comes and the pre-installed game says "the person who bought this must sign in". 

*Update 2 - I found the workaround on the Xbox app for my kindle, and I installed it from there. So, it's installing now on my Series X. I guess I'll just play the waiting game now, like everyone else.

*Update 3 - Once it's installed, if you try to play it, you do indeed get the message that says "Do you own this game or app? Please insert the disc or sign in." - If the game was actually free, it would instead say "this game is not ready to play, please come back later" or something. - So...I don't have my hopes up for Game Pass, but it would be nice. - Putting my money on it either being wholly accidental, or a marketing ploy for the reason I mentioned above...so Tony Khan can say "Thousands of people already pre-installed the game." Lol

Edited by Generations

Seems the release is close.
Achievements, preload...could be that june 29 is the date.

Its about time, this is kind of messy.
The Marketing on this and all, is worse than the wwe2k series...and i cant believe i say this.

Like, when first announced they talked about it as being this huge investment and important part of going forward with AEW.
But where? The Marketing so far was horrible.

Not even that the game looks bad or so, just how they try to sell it is so absolutely awful.

Don't know why Kenny does not feel excited with the game being released. Maybe he feels that the game is rushed to be released and their marketing is worst than 2K as others mentioned. Well at least it's only 1 month away. Hope the game gets positive reviews. Will be buying the game on release.

Edit: I think it's time to have a section for this game along WWE 2K23 and Wrestlecode.

Edited by black_machismo

3 hours ago, black_machismo said:

Don't know why Kenny does not feel excited with the game being released. Maybe he feels that the game is rushed to be released and their marketing is worst than 2K as others mentioned. Well at least it's only 1 month away. Hope the game gets positive reviews. Will be buying the game on release.

Edit: I think it's time to have a section for this game along WWE 2K23 and Wrestlecode.

He looks like he's exhausted from wrestling a match.

5 minutes ago, Craig Warden said:

Does anyone think this will be better than wwe2k23?

Not a single bit. Lol

People are usually wrong about what they "want"...and I expect this game to be a prime example of that. The old gameplay style will probably get old pretty quick, same with the mini games. And people will probably moan that they can't customize as much as 2k23, etc. - I'm expecting a game that falls somewhere around Impact status. Fun to play for what it is...but not much longevity. 

Edited by Generations

19 minutes ago, Kman said:

I think it'll sh** the bed but I hope I'm wrong. Everything surrounding this game gives me red flags. 

Same really, the whole marketing for this game has been real bad and since I give 2K crap for their bad marketing, this game is getting the same. I think in the end it'll be a somewhat fun or at least enjoyable game for a bit before everyone just moves on or plays less over time after a few months to a year. 

For me it just doesn't look high budget. The animations are noticeably stiff looking, I really don't like the art style, and everything from their interviews makes me think the gameplay is going to have an identity crisis.

Edited by CROSS-Out
My phone is a POS and changed Style to Tylenol. I didn't notice .

Can’t remember the last time I didn’t have fun playing a wrestling game that wasn’t 2K20. I expect to enjoy this release for what it is and what it’s worth. What’s the worst that can happen? AEW: Fight Forever will not go down as a worst-case scenario, I don’t think. Everyone is hung up on the graphics and mini-games and I understand that, as a detail-oriented creator. However, I trust that the people at the very top in charge of this game have settled on a gameplay style that will be a competitor with WWE2K, and competition is a very good thing in the wrestling game genre that’s been starving for variety for decades.

10 hours ago, Craig Warden said:

He looks like he's exhausted from wrestling a match.

Yeah, don't know why they did not have him record a more relaxed environment. Even having no shirt on. To me maybe he is not yet contented with the product but was forced to have the game released.

I like some of the things they showed during the reveal. I just hope they reveal more as the game is nearing it's release. Really want to see how the creation modes look for this game.

Finally a Release Date...and its relative soon finally.
Absolutely looking forward to it.

The Marketing is awful, there is no room to say otherwise.
I hope this picks up in the next weeks.
Like we dont even have the full Roster yet.

No Community Creations sucks a lot considering the create modes in the game.
Dont get why they dont have one when you can create arenas and stuff.

The Rest, i like.

Been playing a lot of Old school Wrestling games, especially the Gamecube games and the gameplay still is so incredible fun.

As i always say, what good does 2k23s Graphics when the game is buggy and lifeless? Nothing.
But you cant change the perception on this.
A boring talking point used over and over and over again.

I said this before, i will give them the Free pass for this game.
I will pay the full price for this once, this they have earned because what i see looks fun and that is my main focus for a wrestling game.
But they need to deliver in the future, after the launch.
If i dont see them evolve what i think is a "Foundation Game", then i will not be a full price customer in the future.

But for now im really happy that next month is the Release of the very first AEW console game.

As someone thats been playing wrestling games all my life. And i think i have a good grasp on what makes a good wrestling game. 

I dont even think its close. Fight Forever looks to be a better wrestling game than WWE/2K's offerings the last couple years. By a LONG SHOT

idc about graphics. idc about creation. idc about entrances. GAMEPLAY is all that matters. and the gameplay in 2k20/2k22 is terrible

When i watch Fight Forever footage i see a game made by people that understand wrestling games. and understand what wrestling is. 

When i play WWE 2k22 i see a game made by people that fundamentally don't understand pro wrestling or wrestling games.

2 minutes ago, eastcoastkody said:

As someone thats been playing wrestling games all my life. And i think i have a good grasp on what makes a good wrestling game. 

I dont even think its close. Fight Forever looks to be a better wrestling game than WWE/2K's offerings the last couple years. By a LONG SHOT

idc about graphics. idc about creation. idc about entrances. GAMEPLAY is all that matters. and the gameplay in 2k20/2k22 is terrible

When i watch Fight Forever footage i see a game made by people that understand wrestling games. and understand what wrestling is. 

When i play WWE 2k22 i see a game made by people that fundamentally don't understand pro wrestling or wrestling games.

the new gameplay of the WWE 2k games is made for people and by people that don't like wrestling or wrestling games. It is made for non-wrestling fans. It is made for ppl that just want to mash buttons and play fighting games. And not good fighting games. bad ones

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion