AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

The main thing for me isn't so much that its so no mercy based, although I do wish it was more its own thing and trying to be more simulation based personally, its that the animations just.. look bad. I'm sorry, they do. There's a reason the industry as a whole moved to mocap, its because hand-made animations are very obvious. they look cartoonish and unreal, and stiff.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/25/2022 at 4:16 PM, CROSS-Out said:

The main thing for me isn't so much that its so no mercy based, although I do wish it was more its own thing and trying to be more simulation based personally, its that the animations just.. look bad. I'm sorry, they do. There's a reason the industry as a whole moved to mocap, its because hand-made animations are very obvious. they look cartoonish and unreal, and stiff.

Fire Pro uses animations I believe and it's considered the best wrestling game out there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess they said it's not on Game Pass now...(or at least not day one?)...that's the kind of thing that hurts a game before it even launches. Now people probably won't buy it out of spite. - I won't be buying it just because I am out of work and can't afford to buy random shit I don't need. Game Pass would have been a blessing for me.

13 hours ago, eastcoastkody said:

I can't believe how good the AEW game has been shaping up.  We're really getting Darby being able to use his skateboard on a suicide dive, and the thumbtacks bounce on the ring mat during moves. incredible

Im really surprised at how much this seems to become a game for Deathmatch etc fans.
The amount of Weapons in this Trailer, i think thats like 12-14 or what weapons...insane.

It looks like it will be a lot of fun to play.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:44 PM, maskedmaniac said:

The graphics don't bother me too much, but I really hope they add some facial animations to the final product. Having all the models just have the same stoic look on their face for the whole match kinda ruins the immersion.

theres plenty of facial animations.. the gameplay in the new trailer goes by pretty quick. but they are there if u watch it slowed down. Look at when Thunder Rosa lands on the tacks. And right after when Jericho chops Hangman against the railing. Even the ref. 

its def not as much as in WWE 2k. but its there

As long as there are some facial animations I'm good. I'm really hoping this game gets a PC release at some point. It would be great if it made it on Steam with a workshop for modders. There's a reason people still play No Mercy to this day, me included. You can mod pretty much every aspect of that game. If AEW gives us even a fraction of that just by being able to mod wrestlers and arenas it will become an instant classic.

• 2 months later...

Blood in the new Danielson/Hangman footage looks AWFUL. Basically just all over the torso, not much on the face...looks sporadically slapped on with no intention. Also doesn't appear to show on the mat anymore (even though they showed that in earlier footage)...which means it was possibly cut for the T rating (?). Either way...just not looking great in that regard. 

Not sure why they spliced up real footage mixed in with gameplay, didn't like that. Why was there only blood on Danielson's chest  and not on his face or dripping on the mat? Does this game have full entrances from start to finish or is it like that TNA game cause if not that's kinda disppointing.  Also why is there still no release date or at least release window?

Edited by crazyjk4

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion