AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I preordered it already...i will give them this one chance to show me that they want to build something there.

Gameplay so far looks fun enough to me, and i said this always...graphics dont matter much to me.
Looking nice does nothing to wwe2k22 being buggy and boring as hell.

So, what i saw so far of this game, is interesting to me...thats all that matters to me.

Bit dissapointed we got the trailer that was "leaked" and not much more, but at least it will be playable at gamescom...i expect a few videos there.
Current rumor is a februar 2023 release, which isnt the worst idea...3-4 months additional work is never wrong.
Dont want it to be as broken as wwe2k20 or 2k22.

There's no *censored*ing way that this game is a best seller on Amazon. Lol. I'm pretty sure that games like God of War, and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet are probably in that position. - Are they just allowed to blatantly lie about being a best seller? I'm an AEW fan, and I ain't even ordered that shit yet. Lmao.

Edited by Generations

10 hours ago, Generations said:

There's no *censored*ing way that this game is a best seller on Amazon. Lol.

Maybe it was at one point? I checked just now and on the PSes and Xboxes they're within the top 50 sellers. Switch is like around 250 and PC is in the 1000s

Im still not big on the animation quality and art style. Im sure it'll be fine and playable but with mocap, the animation just looks.. well, not real, but more real than this. This just makes me think "if I wanted HCTP, i'd go play HCTP".

actually looks much better than what i was seeing recently. i’ll probably get it. but one of these games has to take a stand against pre-grapple grabs. i bought 2K22 and have barely played it since it came out, i will preorder 2K23 asap if they tell me they changed the standing grapples back to how they were 

19 minutes ago, EJ! said:

actually looks much better than what i was seeing recently. i’ll probably get it. but one of these games has to take a stand against pre-grapple grabs. i bought 2K22 and have barely played it since it came out, i will preorder 2K23 asap if they tell me they changed the standing grapples back to how they were 

Preach.

19 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Been hearing for months that there’s no CAW mode and heard it again today..

No buy from me, then.

I'm sad to see so little discussion over here, but here are some things I liked:

- Different finishers will do a different amount of damage on your opponent. 

- You have a limited window to land your finisher (and it works so much like Def Jam here, initiated after a grab). I also like that you have to taunt once you're in the signature state in order to enter the special/finisher state, instead of performing a signature move.

I also got the impression that pulling off signature moves in the special state would make your signature move do more damage, but at the risk of having an even smaller window to pull off your finisher. It sounds like the perfect system to allow momentum swings in competitive back and forth matches.

- I noticed how Kenny Omega sat up for the "Boom" as Cole did his BayBay taunt, which is pretty neat (altho nothing remarkable since we're all used to wake-up taunts). But it shows that you can hit your finisher directly instead of having to hit your signature move first.

- This might change in the future but I like music tracks playing in the background. It suits the vibe they're going for and I think it's an easier route to take than to attempt to have commentary be in matches only for it to be subpar. 

- Two button reversals are back! Buuut for strikes you get the puffed-up chest animation which doesn't really count as a counter. I don't know how I feel about this but I still like that we get two buttons.

- It's good to know that you can customize the appearance of wrestlers. 

Saw the Gameplay...fantastic.
It looks like so much fun that i cant wait to play it myself...its been a long time since i was really hyped to actually play a wrestling game.
It is rough here and there, but that is to be expected...new base, new approach etc...it needs to evolve over time.
Look at how rough wwf smackdown 1 was, the wwe 2k series is what it is because it had the time to evolve.

This gives me so many Day of Reckoning vibes and i love it so much.

Rumor is currently that a fall release is still very possible, that would rock because im kind of want to get my hands on this soon.

Other than that, a lot of contradictory infos on several things, we have to wait and see what is true.

Im still glad i pre-ordered it and cant wait to play it myself.
At the very least it is something new, it is a form of competition even if they dont see themself as such...and that can only mean good things for us as wrestling gamers in the future.

I honestly wasn't expecting there to be a CAW mode but I feel for anybody that did and don't end up getting one. I dunno how to feel about the game itself. I'm so disconnected with the Nintendo era of wrestling games this doesn't even trigger the slightest of nostalgia in me. Have to watch some more in depth hands on to understand it better but yup, looks like a wrestling game alright

Ehh, the more this game disappoints me and 2K can't seem to stop catering to the fighting game crowd, the more I hope Virtual Basement doesn't *Censored* up the wrestling code; and even then i've had my share of criticisms towards them so far.

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion