AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

But we need far more to go with,those cut together 40 second clips dont so anything to get a a Good enough idea. 

Quoted for truth.

Never been the kind of gamer who gets wound up over a game's visuals... but there's just something about the skins in this game that remind me of hot dog/sausage casing.

Jeese, uhh.. I know someones gonna give me shit for being negative, but..

The animations in the Statlander video look absolutely awful. Like, 5 Star Wrestling awful. If that is indicative of the final product, the game is not going to break the niche barrier. Especially the setup for her driver, that looked absolutely terrible.

The only move i felt was a bit clunky was the Cradle Tombstone...but other than that i dont really see whats so bad about the animations.
I might be wrong on that, but some of the moves even looked like they were straight out of the wwe games.

The blue thunder bomb for example, or the corner splash from Nyla.

But we really need some full match gameplay and stuff...those 40 second clips stitched together just dont do the game justice i feel.

According to the site, Fight Forever's roster will be 50 wrestlers strong, or therein thereabouts. That, rather sadly, means some heavy hitters from the real-life locker room could be left on the bench. AEW's reveal didn't have much word on this subject, but it seems pretty obvious who won't be omitted.

owen hart confrimed

https://whatculture.com/gaming/7-things-we-learned-from-aew-s-fight-forever-reveal?page=5

Edited by Austin3035

Guest Fight Me.

Just realized we got Aubrey Edwards' character model revealed too lol

I wonder if Kris will actually have her new theme from her recent repackage like the video suggests, even though it doesn't go with her alien gimmick at all lol I wonder if we'll be able to update attires at all, I'd be surprised tbh.

• 1 month later...

No way this comes out September, this sounds more like maybe November/December but more than likely early 2023.
Either way, cool that cody will still be in.

What Kenny says here, again sounds very cool and he does a good job hyping it without being overly arrogant about it.
He seems to have a realistic look at the game...i like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 10:06 PM, Fight Me. said:

Just realized we got Aubrey Edwards' character model revealed too lol

I wonder if Kris will actually have her new theme from her recent repackage like the video suggests, even though it doesn't go with her alien gimmick at all lol I wonder if we'll be able to update attires at all, I'd be surprised tbh.

I just thought about this the other day. Since it isn't licensed music I hope they just keep her alien theme since they probably don't have extra time to update models.

• 2 weeks later...

This game has been kinda dead in the water since reveal. Especially with 2k22 being such a surprising powerhouse of a solid experience. Don't get me wrong...I buy pretty much every wrestling game as they become available. And I usually enjoy them (even when they aren't technically "great"). I played the AAA game, the Impact game, the Chikara game (before they changed the title), Fire Pro, Retromania. You know...pretty much everything, no matter how obscure. And this will be no different. But, yeah...2k22 will probably have this beat. And 'The Wrestling Code' will likely be better as well, IMO. - I really don't think AEW should have announced a game so early. I know that they were eager to give fans what they wanted...but, it was the wrong call, tbh.

Edited by Generations

15 hours ago, Generations said:

This game has been kinda dead in the water since reveal. Especially with 2k22 being such a surprising powerhouse of a solid experience. Don't get me wrong...I buy pretty much every wrestling game as they become available. And I usually enjoy them (even when they aren't technically "great"). I played the AAA game, the Impact game, the Chikara game (before they changed the title), Fire Pro, Retromania. You know...pretty much everything, no matter how obscure. And this will be no different. But, yeah...2k22 will probably have this beat. And 'The Wrestling Code' will likely be better as well, IMO. - I really don't think AEW should have announced a game so early. I know that they were eager to give fans what they wanted...but, it was the wrong call, tbh.

Eh wut?
I mean the first part i get, but the second? Where have you been? The thing is slightly less broken than 2k20 but still a broken mess that people wake up to more and more.
The more time passes the worse it gets for people, and in general the activity in the community, on twitter etc is noticeably less than it ever was for a wwe game.

Other than that, what is going on with this AEW game...i have no clue at this point.
When we hear something its "we still hope getting it out 2022" while we dont have a publisher or anything really.
They get some kind of pass imo because when Kenny talks about it, he makes it clear that their goal isnt to "beat" any other game or so...its just that they want to make a fun game for people.

But still, its a mess and we have no clue where we stand on this game.
Its been said it is what keeps AEW in the red numbers, but you dont feel like it does because of how lackluster AEW handles everything about this game.
I dont know.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking really nice, im so into that graphic style for some reason.
Cool to see "confirmation" that we will have Abadon in the game.

The Cover...its fine, not the best thing ever but it works for me.
Now we only need a steady news coverage, gameplay that is more than just 40 seconds cut together etc.
Im really looking forward to this game.

It looks kinda like shit, tbh. And I don't just mean graphically.

Maybe the gameplay will surprise me...but I'm having a hard time getting excited about it right now. And side games can be fun...but I really don't know what's up with all of these Mario Party style minigames that they randomly packed in. Just a very confusing package overall. Something tells me there might not even be a story mode...and we might just have those minigames as an afterthought. Even the cover art looks bad...Christ. 

On Dynamite they said "reserve your copy"...which seems oddly specific as opposed to saying "pre-order".

It could just be nothing...but that phrasing sounds like they are predicting weak sales and aiming to make only as many copies as they get orders for.

Just my opinion.

5 hours ago, Generations said:

On Dynamite they said "reserve your copy"...which seems oddly specific as opposed to saying "pre-order".

It could just be nothing...but that phrasing sounds like they are predicting weak sales and aiming to make only as many copies as they get orders for.

Just my opinion.

I think that is reading more into it than there is.
But they would be stupid to expect super high sales, not when you do a wrestling game and that in a very specific way.
The target audience are the ones who loved the AKI games that just want to play a fun, dumb wrestling game.
I doubt they expect 2-3 million sales from this.

EDIT: 

The graphics are really a bit of a weird thing because look at that jericho screen...it is a good model.
Or the other screens, not mindblowing but not too bad either.
Yet the gameplay makes the models look kind of plastic, like action figures.
Very strange.
I mean not that it bothers me, i mean what good does it do 2k22 to look as it does?
The visuals do very little to keep people interested since its broken on several really important fronts.

But the graphics were always be a problem, they decided to deliberatly go with a more comicy style, so you gotta be prepared for people to not like that.
Many were expecting a super realistic simulation, cant blame them for being less than happy with where they go here.

Im super happy, it reminds me off Day of Reckoning and i love that.

Edited by Mani-Man

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion