AEW Fight Forever Discussion

Guest Fight Me.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three games and t-shirt.
One console game developed by Yukes and a developer from No Mercy. That sound like a very strong base.
Two mobile games: One being a GM mode which has been requested for years from WWE games. The second one is weird but looks like a gambling game.
And it is AEW so of course they have to have a shirt involved in everything they do.

The first two though if done right will force WWE to step of their game.

Guest Fight Me.

Promising to say the least. Especially of they improve on the look of the console game. Still in early development so that's good.

Edited by Fight Me.

I'm certainly interested, though I won't lie, I hope the actual game doesn't feel like that pre-rendered bit with Jericho vs Omega. That did not do it for me in the slightest. Getting Iwashita on the project is a pretty big deal though.

40 minutes ago, A.O.L. said:

I can already see people complaining about the graphics. I love them so far though for the console game. I see the vision. Yukes, welcome back loves.

I don't think they'll be indicative of the final product, they were very clearly pre-rendered.

17 minutes ago, Kombatant said:

I doubt WWE will cancel wwe2k21 or fire 2K but 2k has to be feeling some pressure after this and their extra game development time 

2K22, you mean. 2K21 did get cancelled.

You can't really base anything on a CGI trailer tbh. It looks like SvR07’s trailer, which looked nothing like the final game. Definitely not a gameplay preview or even an engine demo. Just a pretty trailer (sort of?) someone mocked up for the presentation.

I guess it depends partially on what engine they're using. I believe Yukes still technically can use the same engine their WWE games use since they own it (unless they sold it whole-sale to 2K), or if they decided to build a new engine for this game project.

I’ve been following Bryan Williams for awhile on Twitter and he’s a super nice, super supportive, super chill dude. I’m happy for him, his team, and every bit of success they find, which is gonna be a lot of success. Can’t wait to see a Yuke’s/No Mercy-esque/ AEW vision of a game without the extreme time constraints or restrictions. This is gonna be fun.

Watched the video of the event and I'm happy they are pairing up with Yukes and the No Mercy director. Hope they create a great game so that 2K will have a competitor that will make them create a better WWE game which is a win win for us wrestling fans.

I just hope they don't do the No Mercy entrance route like TNA Impact did in the past. It's already 2020 we need full entrances.

Also happy to see intergender matches. Hoping this makes WWE reconsider that in videogames again (but I really doubt it).

And I also noticed that they used the same Jericho Fake tattoo textures in WWE games in there. Nothing wrong with it, just something funny to see.

I hope this game gets released same time as WWE 2K games, to put pressure on 2K to create a better game. But I hope it will not be released next year, since rushing the game might cause this game to have lots of bugs like 2K20. If they are going to release it on 2022, have it released same month as WWE 2K23.

• PaperThinWalls changed the title to AEW Fight Forever Discussion