Retroid Pocket 2 - N64 Emulation

Petey_the_Clown

So, for those that don't know me I started off Modding n64 No Mercy back in 2004.... Helping out guys on NoMercyZone the same as I try for 2k20 here.
For ages I've been waiting for an N64 Classic to be made..but it never has. I've been keeping tabs on Retro Emulation Consoles out of China. Usually Low cost ones $30-$70 max because i'm more into tinkering than I am wrecking a $300 High end device.

And a while back I saw this... Retroid Pocket, that Ran N64 games.. but had limited controls.... then Retroid 2 launched.. and By GWARD! flawless for N64 Wrestling games. It's android based so you can use n64Oid or Mupen64 emulators to run the N64 classics.... there's also PS1  support for the original Smackdown games!

So this thing runs about £80 Plus shipping now for me in Uk...  It's a handheld Device... in multiple colours It does Support HDMI out to a Tv.. and Bluetooth.. So if you want to invest you technically can hook up Wireless controls and have it as a Gaming System.

So far this thing can run Mame, Nes, Snes, GB, GBA, GB colour, Sega Master system, Megadrive, GameGear, Ps1, N64 ... and potentially Dreamcast and Nintendo DS with some tweaks.

But the highlight by far is PS1 Smackdowns, WCW Mayhem, WCW Revenge, all the WWF's and of course NO MERCY!

446.png

Bonus.... "Might" be able to run Textures too.. So can texture mod No Mercy like 2004 all over again!

For those that are interested, there are Reddit Threads & Facebook groups about this device. But i'm sliding in here being I bought it for N64 Wrestling Games

Archived