FULL GEAR 2020 Discussion Thread

Guest Fight Me.

Let's *censored*ing go, Eddie!!!

Kingston's green/white gear is too colorful for my liking, looks weird on him lol But I'm sure there's meaning behind it.

Misawa colors, got it lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not gonna lie I was extremely jaded toward the idea of supporting AEW. The visual botches and production botches and shit lol I have to say though, when it comes to getting stars over bro they do it so damn well. Darby Allin is so special. Such a unique baby face for me. Kind of what I always felt Raven could’ve been in WWE. Just, an enigma you can get behind. I would love his promos to be more passionate however but I’m a huge fan of his now. Shoutout to Cody for really knowing his character and having perfect timing and pacing in a match. The fact WWE didn’t see Cody as a main event guy is silly as hell. I’m watching now as I didn’t watch it live lol Really enjoying the show. Hangman vs Kenny was also enjoyable. I just expected it to be top notch. Idk. 

I know most won't go back and watch it, but skip to 52:36 for Serena Deeb versus Allysin Kay for the NWA World Women's title if you're interested. Good match, sorry I forgot to link it yesterday lol

This show slapped. Just watched the last of it.

NWA Womens match was solid. I really like Serena. Would be down to see them sign Allysin too. AND ROSA SHOWED UP!! 

Omega vs Page was very good, but it lacked the drama I wanted the match to have. I think that's largely because their feud was just Kenny avoiding Page until the tournament forced them to fight. Still a good match.

Silver vs Cassidy was fine. Just kinda cool seeing Silver get a spotlight, dude honestly could have a bright future. Also just happy to see him get his due for carrying BTE on his back.

Shida vs Nyla was meh. Had some cool moments, but dragged. Finish should've been when Shida lifted Nyla up for the Tama Shii (?) the way Nyla did to her. That was badass.

FTR vs The Bucks was cool as hell. I actually stopped myself like 5 minutes in and went "holy shit, I'm watching Young Bucks vs The Revival". The historical callbacks were great, and FTR lost by breaking their usual gameplan, which works for me. I'm sure these teams will have at least a trilogy, but this first match was great.

Elite Deletion was a lot of fun. Kinda what I hoped we'd see from Matt in AEW.

Jericho vs MJF was pretty average, but the finish was awesome.

Mox vs Kingston was alright. I love Eddie on the mic, dude could sell sand in  the middle of the desert. But I'm just not that keen on his ring work. The barbed wire stuff was pretty cool though. Definitely ready for Kenny to take the belt.

To me a team that prides themselves on being old school and shit for them to just start doing random teams finishers and 450's when they spent the entire match working on a leg is dumb. Not only that Matt doing a *Censored* ton of moves off the leg that was hurt was *censored*ing dumb too.

Archived