Official Clash of Champions Discussion Thread

Jeb ★

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why? assuming we have a cross-brand champion vs champion match at Survivor Series, i personally am not in a hurry to see Drew vs Roman again and i want Lee vs Roman in a full match after that taste we got at last year’s Survivor Series.

imo they went overboard with the "tribal chief" thing. and hopefully they stop it now. 

I think Roman is great in doing this stoic version of the character, and that everyone in the story did perform good, but the story itself wasn't really that good. 

But then again, I don't think Jey was really a beliavable challenger anyway, and even the premise of Roman ultimately beating up a familly member wasn't really bad, but did it warant a main event title match? eeh, idk. 

The thing is, it's not really established why and how did his character changed this dramatically. He suddenly realised he is invaluleable to the company? I mean dude just decided to waive a main event title match that all he had to do, is ask for it. 

I like that they are trying something new with him finally don't get me wrong... but imo they have something that could be much much better. 

They're actually getting Tribal Chief over with me after that match. And the storytelling is pretty damn good. Roman pulled some strings to get Jey a match against him cause he's family and wanted him to get a nice payday. To him the match was going to be an easy, light scrap with a family member; nothing too serious. But Jey had a different vision. He really wanted the title and was going to give it all that he had cause it would change his life and career. He could provide for his family like he never could before and he would no longer be "Which Uso are you?"

Of course, Roman didn't take too well to Jey's now very serious interest in his title, so in return Roman sent Jey a message to know his role by wrecking him in their match. Did Jey have a serious chance at winning? No. But the storytelling was so solid and logical that it wasn't a big deal. Plus, it was a B-PPV.

Why the change in character? Resentment is part of it. He thought he should've been treated better for he what termed as "over deliver[ing] during his life threatening illness." And he wasn't too pleased with Strowman and Fiend as champions because they were poor representatives of what a champion (and ace) should be.

Interestingly, this new character and storyline mirrors Seth's storyline. Much like Seth, Roman is here to assert his dominance and show everyone the leader that he is. Unlike Seth, his mind and ego isn't as severely warped as his and so far has been much more successful. Roman is all business now. Being the hardworking, fair babyface didn't get him the appreciation and power that he wanted, so now he's going to do what works best for him & his livelihood and wreck whoever stands in his way... even his own cousin.

The IC Triple Threat Ladder match was one of the best matches of the year man. So *censored*ing good. Class ending too.

Heel Reigns is perfection. *Censored* WWE for robbing us off this version of his for over 5 years. The storytelling in his match against Jey was some of the best I've seen. 

Third best match of the night was the Ambulance Match. Would have obviously preferred a normal wrestling match between McIntyre and Orton but I can understand why they went with it. Wonder who McIntyre moves on to next. Will probably be Lee but let's see.

Didn't really like or care for the other matches. Those three were the ones that WWE gave me a reason to give a shit about and they all delivered.

Archived