Official NXT Takeover: XXX Discussion Thread

Jmerc

12 hours ago, PaperThinWalls said:

Throughly impressed by McAfee. Best celebrity match in forever. Very well-trained and a natural.

Completely agree. He impressed me a lot. If he wanted to become a wrestler he's certainly up to a good start, because he's already got the mic skills too.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pat McAfee might be the only celebrity star that I enjoyed watching. Dude is a complete natural at this. He could talk shit the whole time and you just think how you want to punch his douchebag face. And the whole feud was actually very fun, with a fun match in the end. I remember not knowing at all who the guy was when they brought him to NXT invasion of SD, but I was impressed with his work, in they way he sold the NXT stars... but now, I really want to see more of him as a personality. Hope they continue working with him. 

Ladder match was really fun, some cool spots and the match was very fluid. 

Hope this means Lee gets brought up to RAW/SD, he would freshen the shows up. Besides, not only he has nothing left to do in NXT... if they don't bring him up, he will fall casulty of wasted momentum... 

And Kross... I don't know if I have been ever just flat out not impressed and bored by the NXT champion. The guy irks me so much lol

Guess I'll give my 2 cents real quick. Hate that I was busy last night cause there just isn't that same energy as watching it live. Regardless, thought it was a really solid show all around.

I liked Finn/Thatcher, though I would've preferred a Cruiserweight title match on the card over this last minute addition. But I get it, Finn is a huge star and honestly surprised he hasn't won another title yet since coming back.

Pat McAfee blew all expectations out of the water. I did think he would do well with Rip Rogers' training, but this was nuts. For me he definitely dethrones Stephen Amell for best debut from a celebrity. I wonder though if Cole will continue this face role or if it was just for this? I guess it gives Kross another challenger (if Kross is okay).

This ladder match was fun. Most interesting spots I've seen in a ladder match in a minute. I just want to say they did a great job building up Bronson Reed for this. You knew he was a red herring, but regardless, they got a new star here. My only complaint is I think Cameron Grimes should've won, but Priest a bad choice either.

I thought the women's title match was good. Had no doubt in my mind that Io would retain, but they did get me for a second when the ref got knocked down and Raquel came in.

Main event was fine. The finish could've been better though. I think after the Avalanche Saito Suplex, Kross should've quickly locked in the Kross Jacket (that's what it's called, right)? It seemed out of nowhere and the PC crowd didn't know how to react instead of being shocked lol Gutted though that it seems Kross is injured now. Lee gave up both titles for nothing now it seems.

Only caught the ladder match, McAfee/Coker & NXT title. I love both Kross & Keith Lee but that match bored me to tears. I think Keith’s biggest strong suit is the matches where he can go at a quicker pace and fly, but of course he can’t do that all the time or it loses its specula led. Not a fan of Kross’ finisher. Too many people use sleeper hold variations. The saito seemed week to end the match. 

Pat McAfee was my highlight and I knew he we would deliver. I wasn’t disappointed. 

I heard he was getting an MRI yesterday. We should know soon. 

I really wish this show was held in the ThunderDome. I really don’t know why not having a TakeOver, which aren’t even held in Full Sail anymore, would jeopardize their relationship. It’s one of the reasons IMO why the show didn’t feel .. big. And it’s not like their missing out on tickets sales or something. I genuinely don’t understand. I loved the entrance set though.  That and the In Your House have been two of the best. 

4 hours ago, Bushy. said:

I really wish this show was held in the ThunderDome. I really don’t know why not having a TakeOver, which aren’t even held in Full Sail anymore, would jeopardize their relationship.

The past two TakeOvers were in Full Sail, unless you mean pre-COVID

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived