Official SummerSlam Discussion Thread

Jmerc

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SummerSlam was thoroughly enjoyable man. Rollins/Dominik had some incredible storytelling while McIntyre/Orton was a great wrestling match. Hard to choose my MOTN between those two. Didn't like Strowman/Fiend as much as I should have and Mandy/Sonya was the only other match I didn't find good. Everything else was solid.

I was expecting a Roman return around... now, but not exactly at Summerslam though.

And I don't like the idea behind The Fiend taking the title just to drop it to Reigns. The feud made sense for WM... except Goldberg happend... and the virus. But now, Braun would make much more sense, especially given their history.

Hopefully the return segment signaled a improved version of Reigns, or at the very least a new attire lol

Imo, SD definetly did not miss him. 

14 hours ago, AONO. said:

I was expecting a Roman return around... now, but not exactly at Summerslam though.

And I don't like the idea behind The Fiend taking the title just to drop it to Reigns. The feud made sense for WM... except Goldberg happend... and the virus. But now, Braun would make much more sense, especially given their history.

Hopefully the return segment signaled a improved version of Reigns, or at the very least a new attire lol

Imo, SD definetly did not miss him. 

You honestly think SmackDown has been in a better state without Reigns?

38 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

You honestly think SmackDown has been in a better state without Reigns?

Not really what I meant.

It fluctuated, I think only very recently they managed to get some flow back. It's been a dumpster fire for a long while during the "PC era" yeah, but even before that, when Roman was still there, it was also shit. There was a segment or two worth watching... and neither of them was Roman vs Corbin, which for 6 months took a big part of the show. And then Golberg vs Reigns was just made, because why not... untill few weeks before Wrestlemania when they brought Braun as a replacement. 

But I stand by the stetment that neither show really needs the guy. I mean, I don't have that much against him anymore, I'm kinda 50-50, depending on the program. Meaning, I don't mind him returning per se, but I wouldn't really care if he wasn't brought back lol

• Jmerc unpinned this topic

Archived