Halloween (Film Series) // Halloween Ends (2022)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DATE REVEAL??????

First shot! First day. Same slate. Same Laurie. David Gordon Green directing from his script. Happy Halloween 2018 everyone. See you 10/19/18 @halloweenmovie #HalloweenMovie

sounds like the movie comes out October 19th.

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

October 19th* ;)

The date has been known for awhile now. Take a look at my post above that was posted on Dec. 1st, for instance.

ah shit, my bad , i mistyped that D'OH lol

Edited by Mr.Dreadful

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

636637200211130397-_AA68-_D023-00164_RV3

636637200168171678-_AA68-_D014-00144-_R-

636637200138647296-_AA68-_TP-00019.jpg

"A documentary crew visits Michael Myers in prison for a retrospective of the maniacs night of terror 40 years ago but their project becomes way more interesting when Myers escapes custody.

In the decades following the fateful Halloween night that forever altered the former babysitters life, Laurie has armed and prepped herself for Michaels inevitable return, to the detriment of her family, including daughter Karen (Judy Greer) and granddaughter Allyson (Andi Matichak)."

Trailer will be released on Friday!

Ok, I think I like the mask a bit more in these pics. It looks a bit more organic.

The synopsis, on other hand, is disappointing. I'm not a fan of Myers being imprisoned since the murders. I would have went in a direction that would have continued the original film's inexplicable ending and have his whereabouts being unknown and unexplained for 40 years. With this new plot, it feels like they have fallen in the same trappings as the past sequels (except 3) and that is disrupting the mystique of The Shape.

I didn't really like the mysterious long time disappearance in H20 and him returning 20 years later because he somehow knew John was 17 like Laurie was.

I like the character having a mystique to him to an extent. The synopsis could overall be better but it ain't completly shit either.

The film is a direct sequel to the original and a new part 2 and so there's plenty of mystique to him. I'm actually curious how/when they captured him and if they adress him being shot 6 times then falling from a 2nd story house though.(Not necessarily on how he survived but just reference the original film's ending since H20 only mentioned his body never being found instead of talking about burning/blowing him up)

Edited by Lord Drakkon

H20 didn't work for me because it continued where the second one left off and was therefore hampered by the whole sibling/family angle which gave the character an explicit explanation to continue what he had started. But yeah, since you mentioned it, I suppose I liked that they didn't really divulge his whereabouts.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not writing the film off quite yet. I just think this is the first misstep the film has had. Although, I will say there is a part of me that doesn't mind the idea of Michael being confined again like he was as a child -- the cycle of terror repeating itself every so many years sort of the thing. The problem with this though, based on the synopsis and plot leaks, is the doc crew who inadvertently "wake" Myers up. If it does indeed play out like it sounds, then I find that really hokey and frankly no better than what the sequels have come up with to bring him back. If he's gotta being confined then do what the original did just have him inexplicably break out without any overt reason.

To end on a more positive note, I am still very much looking forward to Carpenter's score. :D