Halloween (Film Series) // Halloween Ends (2022)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Wow, cool news update! Based on interviews with the director and writers months ago, I was expecting this to be completly on it's own in an original story not related to any film in the franchise while not being a remake either.

Although, it was rumored before that this will be a sequel to the original or part 2 and so I guess that's where Jamie Lee Curtis comes in. Really hope they drop the sibling element as well(which was teased in the interviews)

Guest Fight Me.

I was just gonna ask how is she coming back when she died in Resurrection, didn't know this was going to be a direct sequel to the first or second Halloween film lol.

• 1 month later...

Continuing from the Horror Films Discussion topic...

Halloween fans are mixed on the new film next year being another alternate timeline where this takes place many years after the original film and ignores every other sequels, including the brother/sister element.

Different timelines doesn't bother me. I currently prefer the H1,H2 and H20 timeline (I don't acknowledge Resurrection though)but I can still enjoy the whole franchise in a marathon.

Those neckbeards can *Censored* off.

And I say that as a huge Halloween mark who writes screenplays and wants to do it for a living because of the effect Halloween had on me as a child.

Heh. Awesome that they finally confirmed it. With Carpenter attached, I would have been a little surprised that he'd want all that brother/sister baloney in the new film.

For reference, here's the quote from the Stereogum interview where he confirms the news:

STEREOGUM: Jamie Lee Curtis is coming back for the new Halloween. Did you get involved with getting her on board?

CARPENTER: No. She talked to the director. Her part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.

I forgot there was a Halloween thread. I expected this but glad it's finally confirmed with more news starting to pop up.

Judy Greer is in talks to play Laurie's daughter, John Carpenter will compose, a shooting location has been found and of course the confirmation of the film's timeline.

It's rumored that Laurie's role will be similar to Dr. Loomis

Will be very interesting to see post-H1 Laurie confront old man Michael and not as a sister. Plus Michael stalking new random victims

Guest Fight Me.

Oh damn, didn't even think about how they weren't revealed as brother/sister in the first movie.

I don't mind this alt timeline at all, I'll always support the series. Same goes for the Child's Play series, I still got pretty excited for the new one that just came out on Netflix as I have for any other Chucky movies. :lol:

Edited by Fight Me.

Very happy and interested since Jamie is on board but her tweet about being "one last time" has me worried that she is only back so she can pass the torch to the newer generation by dying. :(

It would be more fun to have her in a supporting role and alive for either more movies (if this one becomes successful) or at least give her a sent off without dying so she can come back in a surprising manner later on if needed.

Unless they have a good artistic reason to, I'm hoping they don't go sequel crazy with this new timeline. I'm curious to see what more can be done with Carpenter's original concept for the Shape, but I don't think it's sustainable for a series of movies since the character's inexplicable aura would likely dissipate with each new installment.

• 1 month later...

^ That may be so, but I bet his role would diminish if he's not interested in continuing the story past this film.

-----

In other news, the film is sounding more and more promising:

Danny McBride Says Halloween Will Focus On Dread Rather Than Gore

Filming has been delayed to January on director David Gordon Greens Halloween, which will be ignoring the events of every film past John Carpenters seminal classic.

The new film, penned by Gordon Green and Danny McBride, hopes to recapture the atmospheric, slow burn terror of Carpenters original, and weve got more on that from McBride today. Speaking with Charleston City Paper, he teased the tone.

The original is all about tension, McBride told the paper. Laurie Strode doesnt even know that Michael Myers exists until the last minutes of the movie. So much of it youre in anticipation of whats going to happen and the dread that Carpenter spins so effortlessly in that film I think we were really trying to get it back to that. Were trying to mine that dread. Mine that tension and not just go for gore and ultra-violence that you see some horror movies lean on.

He continued, To us, it was all about bringing back the creep factor and trying to find the horror in your own backyard, in our own homes.

In Gordon Greens movie, being scored by John Carpenter

Laurie Strode comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Judy Greer is in talks to play Lauries daughter, Karen Strode.

Carpenter is executive producing the new film with Malek Akkad producing for Trancas and Jason Blum producing for Blumhouse. Gordon Green and McBride will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

Michael Myers returns to Haddonfield on October 19, 2018.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...