Halloween (Film Series) // Halloween Ends (2022)

3 hours ago, Mister Eye said:

They really know how to mess up the order of films these days. Making alternative movies that don't even connect to the established continuity.

So the 2018 film or whenever it came out, ignores II onwards. So the great films with Sam Loomis chasing Michael around don't count anymore.

Gee, what a great way to disrespect an acting legend. 

It’s not like the films don’t exist. lol Anyone can watch them with ease. And idk about HII, HIV, HV, and H6 being great films.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My main problem with Halloween Ends is same the problem I’ve had with the prior two films: the filmmaking. I don’t think David Gordon Green is a very good horror director and while he & the writers have had come up with some good ideas throughout this trilogy, the execution of said ideas have been rather poor.

22 hours ago, glennsoe said:

What a piss poor movie ! Michael Myers was barely in it and was treated like a senior citizen

Thats actually what i liked, that the beating he took in the previous two movies and his age are aknowledged.
But then...its Michael Myers and the previous movies treated him almost as this Supernatural Evil that even in his 60s or what can lift up people bigger and younger than himself etc.
So its kind of weird that suddenly they consider the injuries and age.

My problem with the movie is that it was promoted as the Final Chapter of Laurie and Michael, while until the last 20 minutes not wasting a lot of time on that.
I like the ideas it had, would have even worked if you would have put the work in it in the previous 2 movies...but this was the wrong time and place to do it.

With all that the first two did and how the third was promoted...going the absolute opposite direction that, was not the smartest idea.

Edited by Mani-Man

44 minutes ago, Mani-Man said:

That's actually what i liked, that the beating he took in the previous two movies and his age are acknowledged.

Interesting... now I want to see this movie for myself, seeing as how we're still left going against the superhuman/youthful version of Miguel in DbD.

3 hours ago, Creepy Bro said:

Interesting... now I want to see this movie for myself, seeing as how we're still left going against the superhuman/youthful version of Miguel in DbD.

Oh dont take this the wrong way, it is not directly mentioned or anything.
There are some cues that in my opinon pointed towards it being meant to be that way.