Halloween (Film Series) // Halloween Ends (2022)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. The clip they used is reminiscent of the original ending they had before they reshot it after the test screening.

(The other topic is archived currently, but I’m going to get it unarchived so we can split this topic into that one. Until that happens, use this one.)

Guest Fight Me.
7 minutes ago, PaperThinWalls said:

(The other topic is archived currently, but I’m going to get it unarchived so we can split this topic into that one. Until that happens, use this one.)

Yeah I was gonna ask, but wasn't entirely sure if it was possible. Thanks lol

• 3 months later...

BURNT MASK! Hopefully his mask won't  eventually look like Rob Zombies Halloween II when its time for Ends. Is it me or does the mask in the trailer kinda look more like Halloween 4, it to me in that 1 shot resembled the raised eyebrow version of the mask 

Gosh it sucks we gotta wait over 300 days for Kills and over 700 for Halloween Ends. 

Edited by TrisetMaster908

• 7 months later...

Here we go. No more archive for this topic. 👍

Not a fan of this trailer. Aside from just how awful trailers are produced nowadays with the terrible editing and dumb sound-effects, the movie itself does not look good to me. It seems like the film is drifting even further away from the type of horror film that I typically gravitate towards which is more a understated, moody sort of film that is concerned more with building dread and atmosphere than delivering a large body-count. That’s the type of film Halloween (1978) is and what I think the Shape character is best suited for.

This trailer has so many corny moments and bad acting. The stuff with the firefighters and how it’s shot is pure cheese to me. It’s bad sequel material. The shot with Michael in front of the burning house is a terrible effect. I’m surprised it’s showcased in the trailer like it is.

However, one thing I do really like is this shot: 

CDPp5KF.png

To me, this what is Halloween is best at doing. Creating disquieting moments like this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.
14 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Debating on if I should stay home or go out to peep this 

My one fear is if you don't have the ad free version of Peacock that they'll play ads throughout the movie. But maybe it's different with movies premiering like this in theaters and streaming at the same time. Not sure how Peacock have handled this so far, not like I watched Boss Baby 2 when they did it for that movie also. :lol:

9 hours ago, Fight Me. said:

My one fear is if you don't have the ad free version of Peacock that they'll play ads throughout the movie. But maybe it's different with movies premiering like this in theaters and streaming at the same time. Not sure how Peacock have handled this so far, not like I watched Boss Baby 2 when they did it for that movie also. :lol:

Lmao right 

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.

I'm not watching til I go to theaters tomorrow...but I'm not hearing great things about this movie and it currently has 49% on Peacock right now. *Censored* I'm so sad, I waited so long for this movie lmao

Kinda expended this response since they had previously announced Halloween Ends for the following year so I wouldn't be surprised if Kills just feels like an unfinished movie or something.

Edited by Fight Me.

From what i see so far in terms of Opinion, people expected more suspense and a atmosphere like in H18...which i honestly dont understand.

The movie was bound to become more of a slasher massacre movie.
Because that tells you the plot.

Michael after years comes back to start a blood bath new, killing people, scaring the whole town again...the logical step is that they hunt michael to get revenge for all those years and lifes lost.
For living in fear and pain for all those years thanks to him.

And people expected a tense, slow building movie? Why?
In that i think if it really is what people say, its brilliant.
Because its the logical step for a movie that picks up right where the first one ended.

Have Michael be the hunted, have the town go on a hunt for the man who terrorized them and killed their loved ones.

Guest Fight Me.

I think I'll just have to go in with low expectations but *Censored* it I'm still hyped.

In other news, my 4K copy of the original Halloween just came in. It looks beautiful. :D

Guest Fight Me.

Just got home...personally, I really liked it! Definitely a great slasher film, but I can see why old school Halloween fans may not like the change in pace and just the different stuff they tried in general. Fun movie, now the countdown to Halloween Ends begins!

I saw the movie last night, too. I didn’t like Halloween (2018) very much at all, so I went into this one with some reservations. Well, I watched the film and I came out with pretty much same feelings I had for H18 which I posted in this topic:

On 10/9/2019 at 12:37 AM, PaperThinWalls said:

“It, much like the inferior sequels, fell into all the bad tropes and cliches: obnoxious, dumb characters, bad comedic moments, poor acting, and a busy plot with needless complications and contrivances…”

The last part I would amend to just to “silly plot” cause I wouldn’t say the plot was all that busy with contrivances and whatnot — but everything else still applies here. I really do not like the filmmaking here. It may be more glossy-looking and its themes are more delicately, deliberately crafted than the sequels that preceded it but at its heart the filmmaking and many of the creative choices are not that different from its predecessors. These films don’t understand that one of the things that made the original so great is its minimalism. They always fall in same trapping of going bigger and they always stumble. When will they learn? If you truly want to be different, then go small and simple.

The one thing I would say that Halloween Kills and H18 continue to do better than the previous sequels is its concept and characterization of Michael as The Shape. They understand the playful nature of him and that he isn’t simply a killing machine. There’s a perversity to the way he plays with his victims and their corpses. They also understand underlying uncanniness of him. That he’s a force of nature. A void. A blank slate with an unknownable motive. He’s a mystery. So they’re still doing pretty well there. I like it when Laurie

realizes that Michael isn’t going after her. That he actually doesn’t care about her. Yup, that’s the Michael I like. So good on them for continuing that thread.

One thing that I didn’t like in terms of Michael, though, is

the addition of him apparently being a creepy kid who tended to stare out his sister’s window. While I like the creepiness and the imagery that conjures up — to me, what is more is unsettling is there no build up to what happened that faithful Halloween night. No signs at all of strange behavior from the kid. Just him suddenly and randomly becoming murderous. I find that more chilling and haunting than a kid who was showing odd behavior beforehand.

Lacks atmosphere, lacks scares, lacks tension, essentially lacks everything that made the original so great. Story is all over the place, writing isn't too hot, directing ain't all that special.

Tries with its commentary on mob mentality and how fear creates monsters of us all but its not enough. If you want a generic slasher with little thrills then this'll suffice but to anyone wanting some of that magic of the original, this ain't it. 

Not TERRIBLE, just really disappointing. 

• 2 months later...
Guest Fight Me.

Just picked up the 4K set with the extended cut and the alternate ending. I don't expect it to fix anything, but still can't wait to rewatch it lol And it seems to have been a good call since they have removed the theatrical version from Peacock anyway.

Edited by Fight Me.

• 5 months later...

They really know how to mess up the order of films these days. Making alternative movies that don't even connect to the established continuity.

So the 2018 film or whenever it came out, ignores II onwards. So the great films with Sam Loomis chasing Michael around don't count anymore.

Gee, what a great way to disrespect an acting legend.