Official WWE 2K Battlegrounds Discussion Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a guy who prefers simulation style like 2k19 over arcade style like HCTP, I’m absolutely loving this. This game just looks like a lot of fun. Being able to boot this up and have a quick 5 minute session of whacky wrestling on my lunch break seems promising. Also, the visual style is really appealing to me. Looks visually better to ME than All Stars. Just the fact that we have different environments alone. 

and release date in September ? ??

4 minutes ago, Bushy. said:

As a guy who prefers simulation style like 2k19 over arcade style like HCTP, I’m absolutely loving this. This game just looks like a lot of fun. Being able to boot this up and have a quick 5 minute session of whacky wrestling on my lunch break seems promising. Also, the visual style is really appealing to me. Looks visually better to ME than All Stars. Just the fact that we have different environments alone. 

and release date in September ? ??

40$ price tag too.

Great trailer, price and it's just around the corner. I'm ready!

Apparently the announce team is Mauro Ranallo and Jerry Lawler. Random. I think they only announced together for a brief time on SD back in 2016 before JBL came in.

Intrigued by this game too. My only problem since the pandemic is I can't buy physical copies, since I collect WWE games I don't want to buy Digital on release and Physical at the later date since it's a waste of money.

BTW in the interview from IGN they said Free DLC. I hope that is true.

Still kinda weary on this game, art style is more miss than hit. Women continue to look horrible while only the legends seem to fit the style.

7 original characters in campaign sounds incredibly overkill. Most players would rather either play as the WWE guys or their own CAWs, not some literal nobody.

I also think there's seems to be little real reason or rhyme for all the glowing/flaming fists and how they relate to each wrestler. WrestleMania Arcade had character specific special moves that fit them like Undertaker beating people with an actual tombstone. Immortals gave the roster personas bases on their gimmick or nicknames, so Kane was an actual demon and such. But Battlegrounds? Rock has a fire fist and Austin has an electric one. Shouldn't Rock like be the one with the electric fist, being the "Most Electrifying Man" and all? If they can't get something that obvious right, what does it say for the rest of the game?

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't know about this game yet.... The models look okay... but it seems super claustrophobic in terms of game play. The ring seems too small and everything is piled up around the arena, gives no idea of space.

Like when you do 2K games with big head mode... and everything is too rammed.

I agree the ring size is probably ideal for fast frenetic action as it seems that is the goal of the game. The action seems like it will not stay confined within it anyway. The graphics look a lot brighter than All Stars, although for now I think I prefer the older models than this Funko Pop style. Hopefully there is at least a bit of depth and variety to the game play.

Nice they used some of the more known gamers for the trailer. Now won't know if they really like it until the game is shown on UUDD because they rarely ever play any of the WWE 2K series. Styles probably would have been in it but had he lose he would have blame the switch controller and possible broken the controller.

On 7/25/2020 at 9:57 PM, GMaybee said:

I agree the ring size is probably ideal for fast frenetic action as it seems that is the goal of the game. The action seems like it will not stay confined within it anyway. The graphics look a lot brighter than All Stars, although for now I think I prefer the older models than this Funko Pop style. Hopefully there is at least a bit of depth and variety to the game play.

I'll take this art style over the Liefeld nightmare that is All-stars.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Really don't like the look of this game to be completely honest it looks utter crap. Will be giving this a miss. And after the utter failure of 2K20 where there was so many bugs and glitches. In buying the game and the dlc i lost near on £98. So i have big problems trusting 2k with there games now. I hope after this game if they bring out another 2k they actually go back to 2k19 especially with the dlc. Where you buy it and can use it straight away not buy it and you have to unlock it like in 2k20. And am not sure if i'll ever get a wwe game ever again, after 2k20.

Archived