Official WWE 2K Battlegrounds Discussion Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured I should might as well use the DLC characters while I got online to redeem this. I like that they went with heel Eddie since they couldn't get a lowrider in I guess. They should've gone with Crackin' though now that WWE's officially released the song. :P

Also, no Litasault finisher??? The Litacanrana is cool too.

Seeing as you folks here seem to be the main player base Can I ask a couple of questions ... for $20 is this worth buying now?

How bad is the grind? Like how many matches to unlock one character or skin?

Oh also..  is the DLC wrestlers unlocked or you gotta grind them to unlock also?

For $20 it's worth it, for a "go on and play for thirty minutes here and there" but it's definitely not a game you'll spend 2 hours straight on (imo). 

If you do the daily objectives, you'll unlock credits much quicker. 

Attires aren't so bad to unlock. It's unlocking the characters to begin with that's daunting at first. But a mixture of doing the story (which is quite fun as I like the comic book "scenes") plus the Daily objectives, and you will quickly get people unlocked - there's also "bundles" to get (for example) Andre, Slaughter and Taker for 1 reduced price. Which helps!

The DLC is a mixture of Unlocking and Unlocked. I believe The Usos were already unlocked, but Edidie and Batista, and Warrior had to be ‘bought’ with your in-game currency.

If you have a friend who has the game, you'll likely play it more as Online is actually kinda fun. As long as it's someone you know, as newbs always find exploits. 

For me it's more that my PS4 Hard drive died and with it all my Previous 2k Games caw's, DLC, and save files... which I stupidly never backed up!

I want to play a new wrestling game but also CBA to caw right now... wanted something easy, like WWE All stars was. Feels weird being November and not having a new WWE game....

So i've bitten on it for £20 here in Uk.

So this was my second weekend with the game having picked it up Black Friday sale... And I kinda really like it.

- Done all the daily challenges
- Got the Campaign clocked
- Doing one of the Battleground Skill tree things to get those sweet sweet battle bucks
- Unlocked pretty much every male Wrestler but not the alt attires yet

It scared me a lot with the grind aspect but it's not been that bad! granted I've milked all the campaign bucks and that well is dry so Now I guess it's whatever I can farm 1v1 or Daily challenges.

• 4 weeks later...

I got a physical copy of this game on Amazon for $15 not that long ago. Honestly, that was the only price I was ever going to pay for it (or lower, obviously). Anyway, I played it for a little while, and it's...fine. But, the repetition is an obvious downside. Eventually I'll dabble with it again. But, I was definitely feeling the burden of the grind process. I also wish the prices to unlock things weren't so high. I don't mind that type of "earn coins to unlock items" approach. But, it still feels pretty steep to me...like, it's obvious that they want people to break down and buy the currency with real money. Which, I'll never do...

Yeah, I feel like it'll take years to unlock everything. It reminds me of back in the day but at least that was mostly just alt attires you could live without lol

I jumped back into this as well with the new DLC characters that drop every Friday. Or what do we call em since we don't really pay for em? "Free update characters" doesn't  sound as fun. Anyway, the newer characters got *censored*ed with their entrances. Even those are repetitive, I guess depending on their weight class or something. Why is Sting coming out like Andrade? No fire for Kane? No clock for Boogeyman? And why is Diesel actually Kevin Nash and with the Wolfpac theme lmao

Battleground challenge mode netting me about 10,000 a day in under 30 mins

I created some half arsed character Highflyer! 

1v1 Spam spring boards off the ropes and you can get a pin in 5-6 hits.
2v2 Tag out to a bigger powerhouse or all rounder , and chuck the other teams Player 2 tag partner into the ring, do a long move and they will be counted out at 5 count.

Cage, little bit of effort but usually as long as you have the ability to escape Let the opponents climb to grab a bucks bag and escape as they going for money.

Gauntlet and Rumbles, Sit on the turnbuckle and only jump when someone targets you.. let the herd thin themselves out.

Basically i've gotten this down to an art now... play maybe 5-10 matches on battleground challenge, do a daily challenge, and have a few games of fun with wrestlers I wanna play as and I'm hitting 10,000 upto 40,000 bucks in a play session. Currently sitting on about 110,000 points and Literally nothing left to unlock but future DLC.

I love this game, not saying it's perfect.. but it's more fun than I've had with 2k20 for sure! and I was one of the only a few people trying to keep that game alive on this forum!

Archived