Official WWE 2K Battlegrounds Discussion Thread

Lunchbox

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like they missed the goal by only a few inches.
The lack of match types and that the wrestlers play almost identical, holds the game back from what i can tell.

But overall it seems like a super fun game, especially that king of the battleground mode.

1 hour ago, Mani-Man said:

Seems like they missed the goal by only a few inches.
The lack of match types and that the wrestlers play almost identical, holds the game back from what i can tell.

But overall it seems like a super fun game, especially that king of the battleground mode.

Kinda like All Stars, it depends on what you think of the gameplay itself. As there’s actually not rjay many modes 

5 hours ago, TonyTheHamMan said:

Kinda like All Stars, it depends on what you think of the gameplay itself. As there’s actually not rjay many modes 

Yeah sadly.
And i dont really get it why there are so few modes.
I mean in HCTP we could jump from the smackdown fist, drive cars etc.
In No mercy we had ladder matches.
In the newer games we can throw people from the HIAC, through tables, go into backstage areas.
Wrestling has the weirdest match types, many of them just scream arcade brawler...yet in arcade games we can be lucky if we get the rumble and a cage match?
Whats up with that.

I think All Stars had a bit more to offer in terms of the gameplay style.

Also, if anyone has ever played NBA 2K Playgrounds, the menus and feel is almost exactly the same. I knew ahead of time because “Playgrounds” “Battlegrounds”. Both are arcade takes on the series, but yeah they definitely feel alike. 

On 9/20/2020 at 3:41 PM, Bushy. said:

Also, if anyone has ever played NBA 2K Playgrounds, the menus and feel is almost exactly the same. I knew ahead of time because “Playgrounds” “Battlegrounds”. Both are arcade takes on the series, but yeah they definitely feel alike. 

Didn’t Saber do both? That’s probably why it’s similar it aesthetics. 

I’ve been having fun with the game overall. I do have to say this though. After that trash ass release of 2K20, I thought this game was intended to take our minds off that shit. Something differential and arcade based. And while it’s fun, the loot and micro transactions shit they got going on, is the pits. I would think you wouldn’t trap us behind an eventually pay wall if you want the character you want now. Then having to pay for their alternate attires also? Hell to the no no no. That’s trash 2K, I’m sorry. No bueno. You’re getting back on are good graces not bleeding us dry to cope with the losses you guys suffer with the last game. I get it, but damn. 

Man I just noticed that this game has a lot of removed wrestlers in the game.

I understand some of them were removed from the final roster since most of them were fired and are now in rival promotions but for the legends I don't know why they did not push trough with them.

Surprised that Gregory Helms was planned to be in the game and even young Mae Young, Ric Rude, Jim Duggan, Kurt Angle and many more.

Also, Noam Dar is in the base game but I don't know why he is not selectable or even listed in the Final Roster.

2 hours ago, Petey_the_Clown said:

* DLC Subject to change

I was so excited about this game, until I've seen the Micro transactions

The grind is too much.... way too much. Win 52 matches to unlock one character or one attire... or pay about $175 just for the main roster characters.. not including DLC

Yup I saw that, but I doubt they will include all the wrestlers hidden in the game files. I just hope they prove me wrong.

as for how to unlock character and attire. Yeah, I hate the MT of this game. Just like the NBA Playgrounds game you need to grind like you don't have any other things to do in life.

BTW since I was able to explore and open game files. Anybody interested with the Wrestler Textures of this game. Like this lame tattooed Undertaker texture?

003_Undertaker_Body_D.png

003_Undertaker_Head_D.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived